Computer Problem

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
My sound icon disappeared from the tasklbar at the bottom right of my screen???? I can't find how to get it back. I went to properties, but it won't let me click on the sound box??? Tried unlocking the toolbar, but that didn't work either... I'm obviously a computer illiterate, - need some help???? Can't raise or lower the sound now :x

Maybe your sound driver is missing or corrupt. Look in the Control Panel under the Device Manager. Do you see any red X's?

What operating system are you using? Is there a little arrow in the taskbar/toolbar next to the icons and clock?

ACarbone624 said:
What operating system are you using? Is there a little arrow in the taskbar/toolbar next to the icons and clock?

Windows Vista. Yes there is, and it opens up more icons, but not the sound icon - it just went missing??

try this;

click start>control panel>sounds speech audio devices>sounds and audio devices>and make sure "place volume icon in taskbar" box has a check mark in it.

waterboy said:
try this;

click start>control panel>sounds speech audio devices>sounds and audio devices>and make sure "place volume icon in taskbar" box has a check mark in it.

Can't find the "place volume icon in taskbar" anywhere???

The first thing in Control Panel says "Hardware and Sound" When I click on that, it says "Sound" Adjust System Volume, Change System Sounds and Manage Audio Devices"

When I go there, can't find anything that allows you to add the icon to the taskbar????? I also looked in "Device Manager" Couldn't find anything there either???

https://www.windowsreference.com/windows-vista/how-to-put-the-volume-mixer-icon-back-on-your-taskbar-in-vista/

maybe this link will be better for you?

Okay, that was simple and it worked. Thanks for all your help ACarbone624 and Waterboy :D

Interesting - I tried that a couple of days ago and it wouldn't let me click the box to add the volume - nor any of the other boxes?? Stange, but it worked fine tonight :)

Thanks again guys...... :D

Latest posts