I can't believe my brother-in-law......

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perchin

Reaction score
Is letting himself be sucked into the stupid Quickstar(IBO) Amway scam. These people are the scum of the earth, and deserve to be in prison for their pyramid antics. :evil:

perchin said:
Is letting himself be sucked into the stupid Quickstar(IBO) Amway scam. These people are the scum of the earth, and deserve to be in prison for their pyramid antics. :evil:
Tell him I have some 40 year old Amway product, layin' around that I couldn't sell, I'll let him have and I'll give him the list of people who joined my sales organization right here.

1. :LOL2:
2. :LOL2:
3. :LOL2:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: [-X [-X [-X

Quickest way to shut them up is ask to see their Schedule C (or business tax return). They all tell you how much money you can make, I say "Prove it"

I have yet to have anyone prove to me that they make a dime on that. The IRS calls it a hobby and disallows the loss.

FishingCop said:
wasilvers said:
The IRS calls it a hobby and disallows the loss.

Is that really true???

Yes - its about profit motive. Most of these 'trips' are really vacations. The meetings are meals and entertainment. There has to be an expectation of future profit or the losses are disallowed. Generally you get a few years of losses - as long as you expect to turn a profit. About 7-8 years ago I saw a blurb from the IRS that they were targeting these as hobbies and disallowing the losses.

Here's a link off the top of the list from google. https://www.amquix.info/Amway_Tax_Scam.html

You might get away with it for 3-4 years, but then they'll come knocking. The IRS just hired 4500 new agents, on top of the 2000 they hired last year. Those guys have to pay for their salaries somehow.

Jim said:
I have heard nothing but good things about kirbys.....

Can't afford one, but besides that.......

no way man! I got the wife a top of the line one of these! :LOL2:

long_handle__broom.jpg

Latest posts