MarCum VS-250 Underwater Viewing System

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
Just got it the other day. Have yet to take it out on the lake yet but it is a pretty decent viewing system. Got it from Reeds Sports on line for $159.99 plus a $20.00 mail in rebate (sorry, rebate offer required purchase by 1/15/08). I tried it out in the bathroom with the door shut and lights off and can see at least 6 feet clearly. I know underwater conditions will make a difference. Only problem I found is the cable has a memory and the camera twists when lowered. With no means of displaying its heading you might not know which direction it is facing. My plan to fix this memeory issue is I'm gonna take it to work and lay out the cable near one of our boilers and let it warm up and maybe the curls from being shipped will be relaxed somewhat. Of course when it gets put on the carry handle it may do it again.

I did lay it out on the floor in our plant and it helped relax it so putting it on the carry handle was easier. When deploying the camera in the cold I thought it might still have a problem but the camera is pretty heavy and pulls the bends out. The hard part is knowing which way the camera is facing. For ice fishing I drill 3 holes in a row. One is just for the camera. I drop my jig to the bottom and then the camera and rotate it until I see my jig and then raise them both up a little and keep the camera pointing to my 2 fishing holes. If I ever decide to upgrade I'll look into getting a camera you can rotate with a knob from the monitor. I think there are some with compasses too. Just more $$$.

Latest posts