The Band vs Creedence Clearwater Revival

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oooooooohhh...... I don't know. They're both VERY good bands. I grew up with them (on the classic rock channel. :mrgreen: ) so both are very familiar to me. I can't choose.

"The Band". I watched "The Last Waltz" a couple of months ago and gained a whole new appreciation for these guys. They had a big influence on a lot of artists.

Too funny. We just moved into our new place, got my stereo hooked up the other night, and the first song I cranked up was "Down on the corner"

The Band for their great music and influence on the music scene, but for just plain, good ol' rock music, it's tough to beat Creedence.

But what about Jefferson Airplane or The Dead for influence and music ??? 8) 8) 8)

DocWatson said:
The Band for their great music and influence on the music scene, but for just plain, good ol' rock music, it's tough to beat Creedence.

Good answer....Although tough, I still pick "The Band". "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" with Levon Helm not only a driving influence, but one of the greatest "gentlemen" in the industry.

Well this is turning into a good thread I have a wide taste but how about.

The Allman Bros, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Clapton, Jethro Tull, or perhaps Pink Floyd.

Latest posts