Great Day with my Daughter!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alumacraftjoe

Reaction score
Yesterday my son had a birthday party to go to and my wife took him. Me and Taylor had some time to kill so we decided to go down to the river in downtown Jeffersonville across the river from Louisville. She loves to feed the ducks and they have a nice river walkway. After the walk by the river we headed up Spring street and stopped in an old fashion candy shop .. too cool. Best part of the day as we are walking back to the car Taylor tells me this was the best day of her life. Made me feel great and only cost about 2 bucks for a couple of peaces of candy :mrgreen:

Arriving at the river:
Jun062011001-1.jpg

Jun062011002-1.jpg

Feeding the ducks and geese:
Jun062011004-1.jpg

Jun062011003.jpg

Jun062011004.jpg

On the way up town and to the candy shop:
Jun062011005.jpg

Jun062011007.jpg

At the candy store - they did a demonstration on old time candy making, had a candy museum, and some great candy... even had sugar free:
Jun062011009.jpg

Jun062011010.jpg

Jun062011012.jpg

Jun062011013.jpg

What a fun day!

cali27 said:
looks like you both had a wonderful time!

Could be a silly question but what is with the pigs?

They have done similar stuff in bigger cities Chicago, Cincy, and Louisville did horses where businesses and individuals buy them (money goes to charity) and then artists decorate them. I guess the little pigs are just Jeffersonville's way to do the same thing.

Great stuff - brings back memories of that same area when I was in school there. Take her to the fossils just up river!

Great day for sure! My family and I visited that area a few years back on a mini vacation to the Cincinnati Zoo. Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts