Boating Cert.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BensalemAngler

Reaction score
In Bucks County do I need a Boating Cert. or any sort of Licence to operate a 14' boat and an electic outboard? I have been reading the PA Fishing/Boating page and it just all confuses me.

Plus I believe I need a launching permit to launch from the places I want to fish. The one I buy say at Core Creek it that good at Gelena, Silver Lake, Falls Township and others or do I need ones for them.

Can all of this be done when I register my boat? Any and all help appreicated...

BensalemAngler said:
In Bucks County do I need a Boating Cert. or any sort of Licence to operate a 14' boat and an electic outboard? I have been reading the PA Fishing/Boating page and it just all confuses me.

No, you don't need it. I believe you are OK under 25HP.
BensalemAngler said:
Plus I believe I need a launching permit to launch from the places I want to fish. The one I buy say at Core Creek it that good at Gelena, Silver Lake, Falls Township and others or do I need ones for them.

Bucks county has it's own permit that you'll have to get in addition to the PA registration. You can buy them at the boat rental stations at those lakes, and maybe the ranger stations.

Gamefisher said:
Bucks county has it's own permit that you'll have to get in addition to the PA registration. You can buy them at the boat rental stations at those lakes, and maybe the ranger stations.

I can buy one and it is good for all? Sorry if I sound slow.

Check with falls township.. that may require its own permit I hear that lake holds some biggins....

Latest posts