Pro Bass Angler Caught Cheating in Tournament

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishingCop

Reaction score
This is really sad........

https://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/blog/19468/cheating+scandal+at+us+open+rocks+bass-fishing+community/

This guy deserves the lifetime ban that they have handed down to him. I would do anything to be a pro bass angler and this guy took advantage of his fortune.

Excellent. How hard would it be to have a airport metal detector wand and wave it over the bag? If it pops positive a portable detector would show the extent of the metal.

Jeesh, for that kind of money you'd think they'd check...

Jamie

I only wish WON Bass had made an example of him by pressing criminal charges as well as the lifetime ban. It might give some folks who would otherwise take chance second thoughts.

I think the shoulda shoved a 3 lb weight with a "small treble hook" attached to a short line down his throat. Then shove one up his a$$ just because. Sick people....theres a special place in hell for guys like this.

Wonder how many other guys have gotten awway with this? Are they going to have to start x-raying fish at the weigh in?

BaitCaster said:
Are they going to have to start x-raying fish at the weigh in?

Sadly, that is probably the case... It's a bummer you can't count on people fighting fair in anything anymore. Not even bass fishing is safe...

BaitCaster said:
Wonder how many other guys have gotten awway with this? Are they going to have to start x-raying fish at the weigh in?

I have heard about pre-fishing scenarios where the angler would catch fish and put them in samll cages a few days before the tournament and then go back and grab them the day of the tourney.

He put some real thouht into this ..."A small treble hook to keep the weight from going to the stomach".
I hope people don't read this and get ideas on how to cheat as well.
I like the metal detector idea...wonder if one of those metal detector for finding coins would work ...for smaller tournaments that is....a big tournamnet can probably afford the real deal.

It didnt say in teh article, however I wonder what his weight was with or without the extra weights.

Was he even close to winning?

Instead he lost his privliages, for life.
They should ban him from getting a fishing license too.

Hanr3 said:
It didnt say in teh article, however I wonder what his weight was with or without the extra weights.

Was he even close to winning?

Instead he lost his privliages, for life.
He has won over 200k he should be looked up after paying back all the money he stole.
no way of telling when it started but now all his success has to be questioned

Hanr3 said:

Ditto, not only did he cheat, but he killed the fish that were supposed to be turned in alive. Something tells me that shoving the weights/trebles down their throats probably had something to do with that.

Here in AZ if you accidentally hit wildlife with your car, you have to pay for the animal that you killed. A friend of mine hit a doe this summer, to the tune $345 for the animal and $9K damage to her car. At the very, very least, this yahoo should have had to paid for the wildlife he...and this may be a stretch of the word...murdered. (I wonder how Fish and Game determines the value of wildlife in general and what "fish" value may be?)

Criminal charges probably; lifetime ban definitely; but I would have liked to have seen his fishing license privileges revoked for life too.

Latest posts