Camping @ Taylorsville

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alumacraftjoe

Reaction score
Well just got back from our family camping trip. We went to Taylorsville State Park campground at Taylorsville lake. Took a close to home trip as this was our first trip in the pop up we bought this spring. I tent camped growing up and my daughter and I went camping in Arkansas last summer with some friends in tents. My wife and my son had never been camping in their lives and neither had our dog so in order to have a successful trip I chose a place close to home, with good reviews, and a nice shower/bathroom (wanted the wife to agree to go again lol). We had a great time although it was hoooooooooooooooot!!!!! 102 yesterday. Thank God for air conditioning in the pop up. We had campfires (with marshmallows), took some hikes (this park has some awesome trails I think like 24 miles worth, and me and Taylor enjoyed some fishing time Tuesday and wed. evening as well as this morning before we left. We also saw tons of wildlife... deer, birds, a water snake, and several racoons. No boat so we were relegated to the shore near the boat launch. Taylor caught the only fish Tuesday evening. Wed. evening we caught about 15 between us and this morning we caught around 30. Mix of warmouth, bluegill, pumpkinseed, and one lonely bass. In hindsight we should have picked a place were the kids could swim as it was freakin' hot, but everybody had fun. The dog who was my biggest worry going in (still has some puppy in him and is hyper) was perfect camping is his cup of tea for sure. I know we are on the right track raising the kids (if u watch the slideshow you will notice a pick of a lot of trash on the trail by the lake) the kids asked if they could come back with trash bags and clean up before we left camp. We did just that this morning before we left. Attaching a pic and a slideshow... enjoy.

Jun092011005.jpg

click below for slideshow

Looks like a fun time by all. I'm very happy and pleased that you have raised your children to care about the outdoors. =D>

Glad to hear that you lil' ones are budding environmentalists! Keep up the good work raising kids who enjoy and want to preserve the beauty of nature.

Hope you get in another trip before the summer's over!

Jim said:
cool slide show too!

Were those Turkeys?

I think Turkey Vultures. Also I had always tent camped got the camper so the wife would go. Boy the camper is so much better especially so we could jump in the AC when the temp hit 102 Wed afternoon.

Jim said:
Awesome Joe! The wife has been talking about getting a camper.......allot!

Maybe a camping/fishing rally is in the future!

That would be fun. I've been trying to figure a way to do both. When I got my 1236 it was specifically to put on top of my pop-up camper. It didn't take long before I got a boat trailer and modified the boat and it never went on the camper again. Then it was on to a bigger boat and motor. Now I'm thinking of getting another 1236 or a crawdad to put on top of the camper. I don't want to tow two trailers and the only other way is to camp close to home and make two trips (which is what I'll be doing in a couple of weeks). The camping rally would be fun because the times spent in the campsite would be as good as those on the lake.

Awesome pics, and great job.

I took my sons tent camping, mostly with the Boy Scouts. Unfortunately the wife's version of camping is a Hilton. Oddly enough she pop-up camped as a kid. So there is hope yet. She has agreed to go camping in a pop-up (with A/C) and we have done some browsing. One day we'll buy a camper and hit the road. The next thing on the major puchase list though is a new truck for me. Fullsize extended cab pick-up, per the wife. Might be a good sized pop-up, and the boat WILL also be in tow. :mrgreen:

How do you like the camper?

Hanr3 said:
Awesome pics, and great job.

I took my sons tent camping, mostly with the Boy Scouts. Unfortunately the wife's version of camping is a Hilton. Oddly enough she pop-up camped as a kid. So there is hope yet. She has agreed to go camping in a pop-up (with A/C) and we have done some browsing. One day we'll buy a camper and hit the road. The next thing on the major puchase list though is a new truck for me. Fullsize extended cab pick-up, per the wife. Might be a good sized pop-up, and the boat WILL also be in tow. :mrgreen:

How do you like the camper?

Love it! Got it from a co-worker for a great deal. It is a 1995, but has been well taken care of and everything works. My wife was the same deal, but after this trip she is making lists of other things we need. A camping trip/fishing outing would be really cool!

Latest posts