marines look

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caveman

Reaction score
found these and just thought i would share,also any idea how old?

Attachments

• 20100808_3.jpg
    20100808_3.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 788
  • 20100808_4.jpg
    20100808_4.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 788
i did very little bit of research and saw a link for "water slide" decals. one of the guys said that his dad was using them on model planes and cars when he was a kid so who knows. that style of eagle, globe and anchor(which is still the USMC's symbol now) was adopted in 1868 so once again, who knows. however, i will say, that is pretty **** cool and might be worth a pretty penny. whatever the case may be, awesome post. Semper Fidelis

update: the angelus pacific company started in 1932. the owners son left "Naval Aviation" career to run the business in 1963 so my bet is that somewhere around there

Gunner said:
the angelus pacific company started in 1932. the owners son left "Naval Aviation" career to run the business in 1963 so my bet is that somewhere around there

And the ZIP code "Los Angeles 5, Calif." didn't come into being until 1943, so it can't be older than 1943. I think the 5 digit zip codes were starting to be used in the '70s or '80s, so we have a range of about 1943 to about 1980, if I were guessing, I would say probably mid-1960's.

I am thinking WW 2 not sure was hoping someone could help,I was in from 83-87.

Henry Hefner ,

What is one to say,but :USA1: :USA1: :USA1:

i want to say it was probably close to WWII. i would think anything newer would have been better artistically

3= Battalion
8= 8 th marines

03= GRUNT
31= now we know the name

now look up or run :LOL2:

hell yeah, i should have realized that. i'll smack myself for that one. lol, im supposed to be getting out in oct but im getting medheld. fml

caveman said:
I am thinking WW 2 not sure was hoping someone could help,I was in from 83-87.

Henry Hefner ,

What is one to say,but :USA1: :USA1: :USA1:

Thank YOU and your compatriots for your service. I was too stupid when I was young, and now that I smartened up, I'm too old to join. :oops:

God Bless our soldiers and their families! Without them, I cringe to think where the USA would be today. You are all in my prayers.
Unfortunately, when I tried to enlist in the Marines (my father and 2 younger brothers all served USMC) they were picky and didn't take just everyone. Due to an injury I had in 8th grade, they wouldn't take me. I'll never understand that because I live and operate normally as if the injury never happened. They said that it was too much of a chance/liability for me to go through boot camp. If I was re-injured, then.....

Oh well. God has his plans for me...I guess that wasn't part of it.

Appreciate your service guys. Im about to hit my 5 year mark in the Navy. Im a corpsman, but unfortunately they keep sending me to shore duty because of my NEC(PMT, or health inspector). Maybe Ill get to deploy with you Marines one day...

everyone has their calling fender. i know a lot of Marines who have pushed through injuries to do amazing things so u know what, their loss, not yours. i love what i do and am proud of what ive done. but its not for me anymore. ive done some cool things but didnt get to do a lot of things i could have done. and now im 25 and am starting back at square one with no real skillset except to provide heavy accurate volume of fire to suppress an enemy. so whos the stupid one now. lol

Gunner said:
everyone has their calling fender. i know a lot of Marines who have pushed through injuries to do amazing things so u know what, their loss, not yours. i love what i do and am proud of what ive done. but its not for me anymore. ive done some cool things but didnt get to do a lot of things i could have done. and now im 25 and am starting back at square one with no real skillset except to provide heavy accurate volume of fire to suppress an enemy. so whos the stupid one now. lol

Gunner...please don't EVER look at yourself as stupid for serving our country. It's people like you that make us a GREAT nation and I pray for you all and thank God we have you every day. I have accepted my path in life, even if it's not the one I originally intended. My beautiful wife and two daughters make up for missing my chance to serve. I still support and serve our GREAT nation as best I can from the driver's seat of my mini van. :) It is true that God knows best.

My biggest regret was when my father died. His service was with full color guards and quite beautiful. All the marines stood at attention and saluted with respect. Even though I will never be a marine, I saluted with more respect than anyone present. You guys/gals are truly a proud group that deserves more support than our country gives. Stay alert, keep your head down, and if our paths EVER cross....drinks are on me my friend.

Latest posts