Recommended setup for this bait?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ihavenoideawhattoput

Reaction score
These two buggers at an entire tomato plant in less then 24 hours.

Big water, 8lb line, what size hook and how to throw it, taking the larger boat with no trolling motor out in the afternoon for some family fun and need to catch a plaid worthy fish.

Was thinking more along the lines of floating him behind the boat on a swivel while we check out the houses and the property.

3.5 to 4" long and FAT from one of the Tomato plants.

4889831144_45ffd4378b_z.jpg

use them for bait....

Use them like a Catapala (Catawba) worm.... pinch the head off, get a small straight twig and stick it up his butt to turn him inside out. Put that on any type of hook and catch a load of fish off of one worm.

So here is the outcome, put one on a hook like a regular ole worm in the middle of the lake, threw it out let it sit for 30 minutes, didn't get anything, didn't expect to. Wife to be was ready to go home, it was 10:30, we had been on the water all day. The other one escaped on the way there when the container flipped over in the boat, we did find him later but I just chucked him in the water.

russ010 said:
pinch the head off, get a small straight twig and stick it up his butt to turn him inside out. Put that on any type of hook and catch a load of fish off of one worm.

Jeez I never woulda thought of doin that to a worm. I'm glad you let us know how it's done.

that same booger ate the whole top half off of my chilli pepper plant

he was clinging on good so i had the bright idear to just flick him off.... yup, green goo all over the face

Loggerhead Mike said:
that same booger ate the whole top half off of my chilli pepper plant

he was clinging on good so i had the bright idear to just flick him off.... yup, green goo all over the face

those two little buggers at both tomato plants and the pepper plant as well.

I use sevin dust and zoom plastics. No goo for me.

russ010 said:
pinch the head off, get a small straight twig and stick it up his butt to turn him inside out. Put that on any type of hook and catch a load of fish off of one worm.

Seriously? Thats horrible. I cant think of a worse way to treat a worm. lol

Latest posts