Northern-style weather

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waterwings said:
For all you guys up North, you can have your weather back, lol. It's 9 degrees here right now in western Ky. That just ain't right, lol. :) :-k

Took the dog out earlier its painful outside.

Waterwings said:
Bitterly cold and I hate it. My dogs are curently laying outside their house soaking-up the sunshine, but they are Huskies and love this cold stuff :)

Yea huskies probably think its near spring with this weather.

pbw said:
Waterwings said:
Bitterly cold and I hate it. My dogs are curently laying outside their house soaking-up the sunshine, but they are Huskies and love this cold stuff :)

Yea huskies probably think its near spring with this weather.

They probably do, lol. :)

Outside temp is now up to a sweltering 15 degrees! :lol:

Woke up this morning and it was -8 and with wind chill it was -22. Yippee!!! That means the ice will be safe enough to fish through in another day or two. :D :D :D :D :D

flounderhead59 said:
Woke up this morning and it was -8 and with wind chill it was -22. Yippee!!! That means the ice will be safe enough to fish through in another day or two. :D :D :D :D :D

:shock: You'd just have to shoot me before I went outside in that weather :shock:

flounderhead59 said:
You mean that even if I provided the hot cocoa, you wouldn't go ice fishing with me in that kind of weather?

Hmm, it'd have to be a big cup of hot cocoa. I probably wouldn't be able to fish though, because I'd be wrapped-up like the michelin man and unable to move properly, lol.

NO! I don't want snow... I want cold weather. Snow insulates the ice and slows down the freezing rate. Once we get 7" of ice THEN we can get snow to prevent the fish from seeing us ice fishermen.

alumacraftjoe said:
Can't wait for the snow... hopefully we will get more than they are predicting. Would love a day off school!

Lol, I ran into a fellow teacher at Walmart earlier this evening, and we share the same sentiment :)

NO! I don't want snow... I want cold weather. Snow insulates the ice and slows down the freezing rate. Once we get 7" of ice THEN we can get snow to prevent the fish from seeing us ice fishermen.

I'm concentrating real hard that you don't get any, and we get at least a couple of inches (that's all it takes to shut school down here :) )

Okay, announced at 0600 this morning on the local channel, we're out for the day! :) . No snow, but raining and cold temps, and the school buses can't travel all of the back roads that may get slick.

Isn't it odd how different parts of the country react to different amounts of snow? In Philly, we usually get a few storms a year. Sometimes they are big, sometimes they are barely anything. No matter what, snow in the city = panic and a state of emergency for many people. People are stocking up on ground beef, milk, and bread like the epocolypse is coming. Its crazy. I lived in Lake Tahoe California for a while. One time it started snowing on Christmas Eve and didn't stop until after New Years. The total was something insane like 10 feet and life still went on as normal...although they use construction graders to clear the roads in places like that. I like the snow. It makes things exciting, whether I can get to the MTNS or not.

I'll give you guys one thing though, its been FREEZING everywhere it seems. I'm just glad I don't live in Green Bay.

we are having a heat wave here in Pa. the temp is up to 28 degrees here. but i still cant fish because the river and creeks are froze over. and you wont catch me on the ice no matter how thick it gets. call me chicken!

I remember the winters in Philly. Went to Navy damage control/firefighting school there in January-March '71, and then did 2 yrs at the main base there from Oct. '89 - Mar. '92. Pretty darn cold there! :shock:

What are they doing with the naval base since they closed it?

mtnman said:
we are having a heat wave here in Pa. the temp is up to 28 degrees here. but i still cant fish because the river and creeks are froze over. and you wont catch me on the ice no matter how thick it gets. call me chicken!

Your right on that one. It made it up to to 36 today, and it felt good.

Latest posts