What do ya think about the new Camo?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanielrthomas

Reaction score
Been catchin a lot of crazy looks now that weve officially switched over to this uniform. Not really sure of the purpose of blue digital camo, but it sure hides coffee stains and pen marks better than the old whites. This is the last thing I wanna be wearing if I ever fall off a navy ship though. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,024
i've heard that when yall deploy they treat them with something so when they hit saltwater they turn orange. dont know the truth behind it but that's the rumor around the Marine Corps

nathanielrthomas said:
This is the last thing I wanna be wearing if I ever fall off a navy ship though. What do you guys think?

I've given this a lot of thought and can't think of anything that I'd "like" to wear if I fell off a navy ship except maybe a life jacket the size of the ship I just fell off of.

Gunner said:
i've heard that when yall deploy they treat them with something so when they hit saltwater they turn orange. dont know the truth behind it but that's the rumor around the Marine Corps

Quick.

Throw some saltwater on him and let's see. :lol:

Looks pretty cool to me but you guys should toss someone over board to implement the turning orange theory lol

no offense but i dont wanna be tossed overboard a ship whos prop's are bigger than every member on this site stacked on top of each other.

Gunner said:

I wonder how that would work, when your outside sweating your but off.

Kind of strange to me seeing Sailors in that camo, but I'm from the bell bottom dungaree era. That's the first I've heard of the "turning orange from saltwater" theory, and don't believe it. A couple of fellow instructors had them on at a previous leadership camp, and they looked hot (as in temperature wise) to me. At least you don't have to worry about ironing/pressing creases in them. ;) . How do you like the new khaki shirt and black pants uniform?

Waterwings, as you probably can tell already, I'm an old country boy from Alabama that dips snuff and drinks coffee. So as long as I'm not wearing white I'm good to go. You'd be surprised at what all you can get on the new camo and never know it. I spilled coffee on my leg last week, and by lunch I couldn't tell what leg I spilled it on. In whites that woulda meant a trip home to change. The new khaki/black is great too. No tie and it took the place Johnny cashes and the whites. No complaints from me, except I wish they gave you a better choice of boots with the cammies and an increased uniform allowance to cover all this crap. The effin gortex jacket that goes with the camo is $300, and yep you guessed it, it's gotta come outta pocket or you'll freeze like I did last year. No uniform allowance for the extras. BS if ya ask me.

You know you bring up a good point - Why should you guy have to buy stuff for your uniforms...to me that should be the price of admission consider you guys get paid what 17 cents an hour.

Latest posts