Minnows?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rghering

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a baitshop, or wholesaler that would fedex minnows?
been wanting to fish with some live bait this summer however there are no baitshops within 200 miles of me.
Each and everyone of them at the nearest lakes has closed down.

BTW location is NE Colorado.

Thanks..

Ryan

I doubt you will find a company that will ship them to you without a permit.
you may want to check out the local pet shop they may be able to get them for you

hehe no local petshops around here either.

I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and drive 4 hours and pickup alot of bait.
put my old fishtanks to use again.. :)

These guys will ship. I do not think they will ship minnows.

https://www.vadosbait.com/bait.html

Have you looked into a minnow trap or seine?

How bout the hatchery?

35677 County Road FF, Wray, CO‎ - (970) 332-5382‎

Wal Mart sells "feeder goldfish" for like $0.25 apiece if you have one near you.

https://wildlife.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyres/279EA0CB-C63F-4B49-8150-8B1DD38FB390/0/Ch01.pdf
not in colorado :)

Hard H2O said:
Have you looked into a minnow trap or seine?

This would not be a bad idea if you got any small streams nearby, and considering it is OK to do so(might want to check with the laws). Plus could actually save you money in the long run, and give you something to do in the mean-time. :)

Have you thought about a cast net? I used to use one on the coast. My cousin uses one in freshwater and does ok for bait. Sure beats long drive.

I just ordered a cast net from cabela's. I used one years ago with some success we will see what success I have next week when it comes in.

Ryan

A lot of guys on iceshanty.com set up minnow tanks to save their bait.

I do not know about CO but in MN I believe that if you catch your own you can only use it in the body of water it was caught in.

Good luck

Latest posts