Panfish

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dampeoples

Reaction score
Been trying to do a Smallmouth, but I've never seen one in person, relying on Zach and David to help me along. I tell ya, getting a lawyer and an advertisement guy to explain what something looks like is quite funny ;) One wants it bigger and shinier, the other objects all the **** time, and is threatening to sue me.

IMG_0834.JPG

Lookin great, are they your wood baits? You are deprived not having seen a smallmouth. That means so never caught one either right? They are so much more fun than the green fish. You need to take a trip up to PA to visit Dave and I, we will find you plenty of smallies. By the way, how long have you been airbrushing? You do an awesome job, and always bring back memories of my junky badger airbrush and my model cars....I stuck to solid colors, or two-tone paintjobs.

Yep, those are the balsa baits :) I'll add them soon, trying to have a respectable color palette to start with, I'll always be expanding it, I suppose, but don't want to start out with 3 or 4 :)

Yeah, I hear they're a lot of fun to fish for, just don't have them here!

The first bait I painted was in August of 2006, I've spent most of my free time painting since then, it's extremely addictive :)

I object to your disparaging comments and I am, once again, considering a suit to get you to make more baits.

I told you I would mail you a small mouth bass if you need one

dampeoples said:
...I tell ya, getting a lawyer and an advertisement guy to explain what something looks like is quite funny ;) One wants it bigger and shinier, the other objects all the **** time, and is threatening to sue me.

Now that's funny! lol :lol:

I've never seen a smallie in person either.

Great looking lures! :)

Smallies can look different in many ways even when caught from the same body of water.
then put it in the live well and they will change again.

I think that when sterling comes up with pattern that will change colors while fishing he will be ready to go..

Wayne

You have great talent there, they look amazing. I do feel bad for you never having caught a smallmouth. They could pull an equal or larger LM around the lake if tied tail to tail. I love the things!

bAcKpAiN said:
You have great talent there, they look amazing. I do feel bad for you never having caught a smallmouth. They could pull an equal or larger LM around the lake if tied tail to tail. I love the things!

Do not feel too bad for him - he is in North Carolina, where I am sure is average temp is well above freezing. Oh yeah, the LM Bass there get HUGE, way bigger on average then what we can get here.

Besides, his baits catch Smallmouth just fine
linedroppers_001.jpg

I do not currently do a spotted pattern, but if you're interested, I could work on one, as far as baits, if you have a specific lure you like, I could repaint that one, or I have some balsa baits that run a little deeper, but no cranks in that range!

Repaints are $8 each, using old hardware, standard two hook baits I can put a new set of #4 or #6 Triple Grips and stainless hardware on for $1.50.

A few more demo baits, and I hope to have all of this online this week sometime :)

From my laptop monitor.......It looks like the middle one is the most "on" in terms of color.

The bottom one looks like a Largemouth color pattern...again from my laptop monitor.

I like them.

Latest posts