Cabela's- RULES!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickk

Reaction score
so I had some Dry Plus waders for about 3 seasons and in the end of the 2nd season I noticed my left foot getting wet, not a lot but wet. I was thinking that it might just be sweat. I didn't wade fish much(maybe twice) last year and before my last wade trip I turned them inside out and filled them with water, I found a leak in the seam of one of the stocking feet. Now I know that wader will leak over time and I tried to Aquaseal the foot area and it didn't work, my fishing buddy said to try to return them. So yesterday I went out to the store(Suburban Chicago) and handed them over, they asked if I wanted to replace them which I did. They didn't have the same ones but they had the next step up, 4-ply versus 3. So I took them to the counter and she said, "well these ones are $10.00 more, is that okay?" OKAY? I got a new pair of waders($149.00) for $10.00!

Cabela's rules!

good customer service goes a long way to gaining support that was a great deal
way to go

Wayne

Way to go!!! I was turned off by Cabelas since I bought my first baitcaster setup. Not cause of customer service but it was just a Junky setup, I found that BPS offers better quality for less money. After hearing this tho I might give em a second chance.

That reminds me that mine leak a bit on the inseam. Never could find it and I looked and saw that Cabela's carries Hodgman waders. Guess I'll have to make the drive down there to see if they will exchange mine too. Of course mine are like 5 years old, so maybe not.

I find the leaks with a bright flashlight and a dark room. Slide the light over the seams and the hole or leak will "light up"

Do not fill them with water as the pressure will burst all the seams

You can also fill them with air and use a bucket of water - like a leak in a tire :D

Popeye said:
That reminds me that mine leak a bit on the inseam. Never could find it and I looked and saw that Cabela's carries Hodgman waders. Guess I'll have to make the drive down there to see if they will exchange mine too. Of course mine are like 5 years old, so maybe not.

Still leaking? #-o #-o

Captain Ahab said:
Popeye said:

Still leaking? #-o #-o

Actually no, They are in a cooler in my shed and are not leaking at all. Now, if I put them on and walked into a stream...

Latest posts