Purse Party

Talk about anything that floats your boat (no pun intended). This is general talk about anything not related to boating/fishing.
lswoody

Purse Party

Post by lswoody »

LOL!!!!!!!

BaitCaster

Purse Party

Post by BaitCaster »

Hanr3 wrote:IF Im car/boat camping Ill bring the dinning fly and a dutch oven/tripod, cook over an open campfire, or bake with coals. You can cook/bake just about anything in a dutch oven, fish, pizza, stew, name it. Plus a whole ton of desserts.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic ... &start=110

PAge 12 has pics of my campsite.

oh yeah! i am all about th Dutch. Luv it!
“There’s a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.” ~Stephen Wright

The Livin Large Project - https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic ... 21&t=14160

kairo

Purse Party

Post by kairo »

for some reason this thread reminds me of this joke:

A keen country lad applied for a salesman's job at a city department store. In fact, it was the biggest store in the world - you could get anything there. The boss asked him, "Have you ever been a salesman before?" "Yes, I was a salesman in the country" said the lad. The boss liked the cut of him and said, "You can start tomorrow and I'll come and see you when we close up."

The day was long and arduous for the young man, but finally 5 o'clock came around. The boss duly fronted up and asked, "How many sales did you make today?" "One" said the young salesman. "Only one blurted the boss, "most of my staff make 20 or 30 sales a day. How much was the sale worth?" "Three hundred thousand, three hundred and thirty four dollars" said the young man. "How did you manage that?" asked the flabbergasted boss.

"Well," said the salesman, "this man came in and I sold him a small fish hook then a medium hook and finally a really large hook. Then I sold him a small fishing line, a medium one and a hug big one. I asked him where he was going fishing and he said down the coast. I said he would probably need a boat, so I took him down to the boat department and sold him that twenty foot schooner with the twin engines. The he said his Volkswagen probably wouldn't be able to pull it, so I took him to the car department and sold him the Deluxe Cruiser."

The boss took two steps back and asked in astonishment "You sold all that to a guy who came in for a fish hook?" "No," answered the salesman. "He came in to buy a box of Tampons for his wife and I said to him, 'Your weekend's screwed, you may as well go fishing.' "

Waterwings

Purse Party

Post by Waterwings »

Now that's a good one! :lol:
Image1652VT RoughneckImageCarrot Stix LTX

bearsphan3.14

Purse Party

Post by bearsphan3.14 »

I feel for you. My wife started selling bags about 3 months ago. I either sit in my basement or pack a cooler and sit on the patio. Usually the neighborhood guys show up with their wives so it's not that bad. The up side is, the food is pretty good.
Capt. Neckbeard

bobberboy
Donor

Purse Party

Post by bobberboy »

bearsphan3.14 wrote:I feel for you. My wife started selling bags about 3 months ago. I either sit in my basement or pack a cooler and sit on the patio. Usually the neighborhood guys show up with their wives so it's not that bad. The up side is, the food is pretty good.
Just be careful that you and the neighborhood guys don't end up standing by the alley like Hank Hill and friends. You wait until the neighbors have enough purses (if there is ever such a time) and your wife starts importing prospective buyers from elsewhere. Maybe you need a treehouse. You and hanr3 live way too far apart to meet at a bar so I guess you're both on your own. I fear you guys are in some deep water here...

Quackrstackr

Purse Party

Post by Quackrstackr »

I put an end to those kinds of parties at the house.

You walk through the middle of them with a bow, a gun, covered in sweat and dirt from working outside every time or just walk up into the middle of a couple of them and announce that they all have to move their vehicles so that you can get the truck out of the garage and hook to the boat (or vice versa if you get home from the lake to a driveway full of cars and house full of women)... the wife eventually will eventually get the hint. :lol:
Paddle faster... I hear banjos