Anybody have a hi-point .380?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamountainman

Reaction score
Curious to know if you like it. I stopped and put half down on one this morning, just to have something utilitarian to have on me while cutting firewood on the Allegehney national forest, they had the rainbow gathering(10,000 hippies) there this year, and it seems that crime has gone up. I've read some mixed reviews on them, alot seem to like them, but others feel like if you don't pay at least $400 for a pistol, its junk.

Most likely better than a sharp stick or a rock, but I don't know anyone that hasn't upgraded from one once they had the funds to do it.

I personally would have opted for something a touch bigger than a .380, but that's just my preference.

Ugly, cheap, but reliably does the job. I have never owned one of their pistols but I have had two of the carbines (the 9mm and the .40 Cal). I have to say that I was impressed. I have heard good things about their .380's as far as reliability and of course afford-ability. It will do what you want.

Like Nev I have one of the carbines not issues out of it. I over oiled it once and it jammed one time. cleared it and put about 80 rds through it.

Uhm, my buddy has the 40 cal and he has had zero issues.

ive got a 9mm hipoint. likes to jam w/ cheap rounds no problems with good shells

they are what they are, a 100 dollar pistol. trigger and action is no were as smooth as the upper end pistols but its like comparing a carrot stick rod to a $15 walmart rod.

good pistol for the price plus their lifetime warranty

I had a 9mm when they first came out, it jammed on hollow points. If I used round nose it did fine. Other than that it did fine for the money. I traded it as usual. Back in the day, i use to be real bad at not keeping anything, always traded or sold to get another one I didn't have, now I just wish I had all those guns back :(

Thanks for the opinions guys,

My reasons for the hi-point were: The price, I can afford $150 right now. Lifetime warranty, and they can handle +P ammo. The reason for the .380, was if you use buffalo bore ammo, it is comparable to the .38 special in an auto with 8 rounds vs.6 from a revolver. I have a Ruger P94 in .40 S&W, I own 2 other rugers(rifles), but every time I shoot the.40, something breaks(no +P ammo thru it), and kind of a PIA to carry concealed. I'd love to pick up the Ruger LCP or the Tarus Judge =P~ , but its not in the cards right now.

Latest posts