Let's hear about your favorite Droid Apps

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perchin

Reaction score
Thought it would be cool to share some of my favorite apps. I would love to hear about some I don't already know about.
These are not in any order.

1) Google Tracks - GPS tracker allows you to lay out point to point courses and mark highlights along the way. Good for night boating or setting a path to the best fishing spot. Google Tracks also works good for marking bouys or shoals along the way too. If you overlay it with the Google Laditude feature you can find out interesting points or information others have found in the same region (depending on the sites popularity).

2)Flash Light (HTC) - trust me, it's a must have.

3)AndroBeaufort - simple Beaufort Scale

4)Tide Prediction - starts in graph and easier to read (does not include Sun rise/set)

5)Tide App - starts in text table and includes Sun rise/set

6)FloatPlanGenerator.com - Website Bookmark. Once you've registered you can check in from the phone.

7)"BUMP". This allows you to bump anyone else whom has a droid, you litterally tap their phone with yours and exchange files, contacts, apps, ringtone's, or anything you want... its awsome, you can even exchange contact with I-phone users.

8)Scanner Radio... this allows you to listen to any scanners in the U.S.A...cool.

9)Talk To Me..... this app is unreal, it lets you speak into your phone, then says what you said in a different language of your choice...it has languages I've never even heard of before.

10)Yelp... this app tells you what is in the area. It finds your GPS location and then tells you all the hotels, gas stations, stores, resturants, etc.

11)Weatherbug... this is my favorite weather app.

12)Radar Now... Like weatherbug, but a nicer looking radar.

13)Pandora.... This is a killer music app... you can choose the genre of music you enjoy.. it will play it, then if a song you don't like comes on you push the thumbs down... it will never play the disliked song again.

14)Scilor's Grooveshark Mobile. This app lets you search any song or artist. After a list comes up, simply click on the song. Now go to the play list and it's there. All songs are streaming so you'll need a signal to play, but this app is awesome!

15)Car Locator. It's a GPS "back track" to your car.. but in our case, back to the marina you left from.

16)Timeriffic. Turns on/off phone settings by times. (ie. "no ringer" from 10 pm til 6 am.. etc)

17)Where's My Droid. You set a 'secret password' so that when you misplace your phone, you can text your password to your phone (either internet or someone elses phone) and it turns on/up the ringer and goes crazy until you find it.

facebook
Pandora
radiotime "listen to Cost to coast am"
Advanced task killer, should come on the phone by default
visual vm
adult movies
paypal
ebay
flickr droid
tideapp
jewels "good game for the crapper"
chandroid "for 4chan"
gps test
youtube
alarm clock "wakes me up in the am"
craigsnotification "craigslist"
easytether "internet on the computer from my phone"
nude wallpaper
obx fishing
opera mini
shazam "to figure out a song you hear"
Speed test
weather channel
spare parts

Wish I had a droid. Used to be ATT didn't have them. Today I checked and they have one I'd like.

But my would be favorite Droid App is Hulu. Dang, I really wish I had that on my phone :(
A neflix streaming player would be good too. Then I wouldn't need a computer at all.

Me too Will. My contract is up soon. I like the Samsung Galaxy S (Captivate). That phone looks ridiculous. AT&T will also have the HTC Desire.

I have the HTC MyTouch. Went for a year with out a cell phone to prove a poitn and then ended up with this monster afterwards. Kinda wish sometimes I had stayed with out a phone. Trying to talk the wife to be outa Cable TV for a year now.

perchin said:
Hanr3 said:
What the heck is a Droid? :roll:

:shock: .... its the operating system shared by many of the new Smart Phones.

Oh, in that case I like three applications on my phone;
contact list- I cant remember phone numbers to save my life,
alarm clock, and
phone calls. :LOL2:

Just found out that when my phone updated I can now use it as a wireless hotspot for up to 8 devices!!!! :mrgreen: It costs 9.99 a month. This is going to save me $30.00 a month from our normal internet provider... :beer: which means more money for the bait monkey :LOL2:

Hanr3 said:
perchin said:
Hanr3 said:
What the heck is a Droid? :roll:

:shock: .... its the operating system shared by many of the new Smart Phones.

Oh, in that case I like three applications on my phone;
contact list- I cant remember phone numbers to save my life,
alarm clock, and
phone calls. :LOL2:

Yeah.... I also can't remember phone numbers.... in fact I can't remember my own work # :oops:
I also love the programable alarm clock on the HTC
Phone calls...not so much.. :lol:

Shazam....... When you want to know who is singing that good song....just press the button, let the phone listen to the song and it will tell you who sings it, the title of the song, what album, and where ya can get it... :mrgreen:

TiKL....... This is touch to talk for free...just like nextel but free....

SlideIT Keyboard........THIS IS GREAT!!!! FASTEST KEYBOAD THERE IS....YOU GOTTA TRY IT.

Vlingo Voice............Literally, you tell your phone what to do....example..."text, john doe,message, are you running late.".... the phone locates the contact and texts them your message. It also calls, and emails....oh yeah and reads aloud your incoming mail and texts if ya want it to.

Google Goggles........search for something just by taking a photo of it with the camera...

Astro.........excellent file manager...lets you cut and paste, and move and manage all the files on your droid.

Man, I love my Droid phone. Got my first Palm Pilot back in the mid 90's and have had that or a PocketPC and all the smart phone variations ever since. The Droid (mines the Droid Incredible) is hands down the best.

What's my favorite? Hmmm... I'm a weather nut so it'd have to one of the dozen of those.

perchin said:
Shazam....... When you want to know who is singing that good song....just press the button, let the phone listen to the song and it will tell you who sings it, the title of the song, what album, and where ya can get it... :mrgreen:

TiKL....... This is touch to talk for free...just like nextel but free....

SlideIT Keyboard........THIS IS GREAT!!!! FASTEST KEYBOAD THERE IS....YOU GOTTA TRY IT.

Vlingo Voice............Literally, you tell your phone what to do....example..."text, john doe,message, are you running late.".... the phone locates the contact and texts them your message. It also calls, and emails....oh yeah and reads aloud your incoming mail and texts if ya want it to.

Google Goggles........search for something just by taking a photo of it with the camera...

Astro.........excellent file manager...lets you cut and paste, and move and manage all the files on your droid.

Just got Astro the otherday, Works great. Also finally got EasyTether hooked up to my laptop, works better and faster then I expected.

Another great app. is dropbox. Put anything from your desk top in the "box" and access it from your phone. They give you 2 gb free.
https://www.dropbox.com/

bearsphan3.14 said:
Another great app. is dropbox. Put anything from your desk top in the "box" and access it from your phone. They give you 2 gb free.
https://www.dropbox.com/

I've been thinking about trying this one out for a while now. My only concern has been if I loose my phone or its stolen if someone can get into my computer from the phone....... does this app. utilize a password? Does this give the phone permissions to only the desktop?
Thanks in advance.

perchin said:
My only concern has been if I loose my phone or its stolen if someone can get into my computer from the phone....... does this app. utilize a password? Does this give the phone permissions to only the desktop?
Thanks in advance.

Dropbox does not give access to your whole computer, it only give access to the specific dropbox folder.

Latest posts