Where you fishin' this Labor Day weekend?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kairo

Reaction score
Near or far? Camping? New lake or the old stand by?
I'm headed up to Stampede Reservoir (Cali) tomorrow with my neighbor across the street. We're gonna be trolling for trout.

River tonight...again another waste of time. Very muddy from the rain last night.
Tomorrow morning....small lake. Not even taking the boat, but plan on catching more than I did tonight.
Sunday/Monday...still to be determined, but I WILL be on the water.

Same lake I'm trying to learn. Found out there's an old quarry on one part that is connected to the lake with a few channels. I heart rumors of this place and confirmed it with google earth. Now I'm going to find it tomorrow and try to catch some bass - after the cold front, in the rain... Still beats working!

I'll be watching everyone else have fun from work(I work at a lake), I'll be basicly babysitting the area unless a ranger needs help on patrol(usually on a holiday). It can be fun to watch all of the antics at the boat launch, and trying to help people out, even the people who get angry that I dare offer to help them :LOL2: .

I wil be about 100 miles off the coast of Maryland / Virgina looking for sword fish Sunday and Monday (overnight)

I'm envious my fine gents, truly envious. My "fishin'" this holiday weekend will be on TB.net, and the catches will be few and far between as Th-Su I'm spending my time at a professional conference.

Calm wind, glass-like waters, and good fishin' to ya'll.

fender66 said:
River tonight...again another waste of time. Very muddy from the rain last night.
Tomorrow morning....small lake. Not even taking the boat, but plan on catching more than I did tonight.
Sunday/Monday...still to be determined, but I WILL be on the water.

Update so far:
River last night: SUCK
Small lake this morning (On foot/no boat): WooHoo (pictures attached...and these are just a few!) Caught 2 crappie that were real nice. One (pictured) was just under 1lb., the other was just over 1lb. Lots of Large Mouth from 1.25lb-3 or just a little over 3lb. I caught between 16 and 20 fish total and my buddy caught a few more himself. Almost everything was caught on white w/ red spinners and Tequila Sunshine Yum worms. We fished from 8:30 until about 12:45 then I had to leave. What a great day!
(okay...here's the secret.......it was a private lake owned my the guy that owns the company I work for. Very nice, very private, and very watched by security 24/7) Hope to go back sometime soon.

Attachments

• DSC_0436.jpg
    DSC_0436.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 591
  • DSC_0437.jpg
    DSC_0437.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 591
  • DSC_0438.jpg
    DSC_0438.jpg
    441.8 KB · Views: 591
  • DSC_0440.jpg
    DSC_0440.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 591
  • DSC_0442.jpg
    DSC_0442.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 591
  • DSC_0443.jpg
    DSC_0443.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 591
  • DSC_0445.jpg
    DSC_0445.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 591
  • DSC_0446.jpg
    DSC_0446.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 591
  • DSC_0447.jpg
    DSC_0447.jpg
    306.4 KB · Views: 591
Good catchin fender!

My update isn't so cool - got a late start from oversleeping,wind was blowing about 30mph. Found an old 'quarry' in the marsh and fished it all around, saw one hit on the top but I had no bites.
No fish all morning.
I did scout the lake and find what I think is a sunken boat with the sidefinder. Saw a school of trout in 2 feet of water - but they wouldn't bite for anything. I never saw anything like it, they were swimming in tight circles... really strange, but nice size fish. Also saw some nice smallmouth just sitting in 3-4 feet of water, no weeds, no rocks, no dropoff, just sitting there.

Managed to overheat the engine on the last run back to the ramp, so I got stuck in the middle of the lake with terrible wind blowing me sideways and my trolling battery mostly dead since I didn't charge it from the LAST trip. I limped back to the ramp and got her loaded, then the trim wouldn't raise the motor. A few 'taps' later and it worked. Think there's a break in the power somewhere. Got back home and tested compression, and the RPM guage wouldn't work - think it's the same short.

So I tightened some screws and ran the engine. All is working at the moment. [-o<

With this trip going so bad, I HAVE to make up for it on Monday!

No fish today. Been busy scouting and putting some stands up on a couple of properties that I just got permission to hunt this year. Might get to go Mon, but got another stand or two I plan to put up.

Hey Wasilvers....Hope Monday brings better luck to you (and everyone) and also, many, many fish! I'll be out there somewhere too.

Heading down to Salem County tomorrow and fishing a new to me lake (Rainbow Lake). Weather should be nice!

Early weekend, Thursday evening top water action showed nice 15" and 12" smallies, bunch of little guys in gin clear water. Friday was an hour of fun, then the huricane pulled a front in, 20-30mph winds down the river channel. Saturday was an Air Show (A/F Thunderbirds amoung others) with too much sun. Today is relaxing, going to the folks this evening, maybe a bit of river before dark but probably not. Definately hitting it tomorrow, amatures or not.

Jamie