Can't even help anyone anymore

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamountainman

Reaction score
I was filling up at the gas station today, and a guy comes up to me and asked if I could spare a few bucks for gas, I said sure, and told him to pull on the other side of the pump, and I'll put $15 worth of gas in his 80's pickup. I get my truck topped off, and I'm taking the hose to his truck when he shuts the pump off, so I ask him what he's doing, and his reply..."She only gets premium". I hung the pump up, and told him to leave, I was going to tell the clerk he was panhandling. He had the nerve to get mad! I told him to calm down, I have a permit to carry, and I'm armed, he stormed off to his truck, and peeled out of the station. Man, sometimes you try to do a good deed, and it blows up in your face.

Aside from the fact that this guy was a complete A$$, what kind of 80's p/u truck "only takes premium"? [-X

I hear ya tho, too many times have I been approached in the gas station, exiting a store, etc. by someone asking for a handout. Anymore, I tell most of them "no", but once in a while, when my "gut" tells me to, I offer them something. Usually not cash, but maybe a walk back in the store for some food or something...that way I know where the money's going.

One time I was exiting our local grocery store and there was a guy asking for a handout, I told him "no" but as I went to the car and drove out of the parking lot my gut told me I should do something. So, I drove through the fast food store on the other corner and returned to the parking lot offering a burger, fries, and a drink. They guy asked me what it was, and when I told him he refused all of it telling me he was a vegetarian...perhaps he was, but I know one thing for sure; he wasn't that hungry. :?

Latest posts