Great pyrenees, The new member of the family.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, we have the coyote's.

So far so good, very good dog. Getting a 14 week old puppy rather then an 8 week old puppy makes a HUGE difference.

Even if I didn't already know that Great Pyrenees were big dogs, all I would have to do is look at the feet and legs on your pup and know that you're gonna have an increase in your grocery bill.

But - looking at his head and face - Your dog already has dignity. Name ?

lbursell said:
Even if I didn't already know that Great Pyrenees were big dogs, all I would have to do is look at the feet and legs on your pup and know that you're gonna have an increase in your grocery bill.

It was named Thor by the breeder, we still have not decided on anything else or keep that one. They actually have a slow metabolism so they don't require as much food as they look like they would.

"The food requirements of the Great Pyrenees are a constant source of wonder to the novice in the breed. Due to a calm nature and a low metabolism, the breed requires, when mature, about the same amount of food as a Setter or a Collie, and far less than many smaller more active breeds. "

dogs.jpg

ihavenoideawhattoput said:
lbursell said:

It was named Thor by the breeder, we still have not decided on anything else or keep that one. They actually have a slow metabolism so they don't require as much food as they look like they would.

"The food requirements of the Great Pyrenees are a constant source of wonder to the novice in the breed. Due to a calm nature and a low metabolism, the breed requires, when mature, about the same amount of food as a Setter or a Collie, and far less than many smaller more active breeds. "

Awesome lookin' dog! I've got an English Mastiff, and they too don't eat that much as a result of their calm, docile nature (maybe 3 cups-o-dog food a day + scraps)....it's the land mines from the other end you have to worry about! :shock:

Hard to get this thing to lay still.

4992007310_fbfb8c07b5_z.jpg

Latest posts