Coffee prices on the rise

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
For those like me that drink a lot of coffee, and purchase it from your local grocery store, you might want to read this.

https://money.cnn.com/2010/09/10/markets/coffee_prices/index.htm

I'm thinking about stock-piling some when I find a good deal. The containers are normally vacuum-sealed, and should should stay fresh for quite awhile. We usually buy the Maxwell House brand. Folger's price got too high and was a couple of bucks higher than Maxwell House, at least around here.

I like the Target store brand (Archer Farms)... the Cinnamon Vanilla Nut flavored is my favorite The guys at work think I'm some kind of coffee snob because I bring my coffee to work and they think I pay a lot of money for it. The stuff at work taste like roasted shoe leather. A $4 bag lasts me two weeks. I'm going to the store tonight and stock up.

I'm not a regular coffee drinker, but do enjoy it greatly when camping, fishing early in the morning, and occasionally on a cold winter morning (that's about 52 degrees here in Arizona come January....sorry northerners).

When I do drink drink it, it's always Dunkin' Donuts Regular Roast, brewed in a french press (now, that's a coffee snob for your coworkers, poolie), at home (I ain't gonna pay donut shop prices for coffee...and it keeps me from eatin' those yummy donuts too!).

We're going camping this weekend, so I'll have to pick up a pound from the grocery store and see if there's a noticeable price increase...they way the economy is going, less jobs, pay cuts, and more expensive gas and food, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if there was.

We don't have a Target, Dunkin' Donuts, Krispy Kreme, Starbuck's, or anything like that here. If you want something other than what's made at home, we have McD's or Burger King. The BK Joe isn't bad, and they're supposed to be switching nation-wide to Seattle's Best (might have already done it) which is owned by Starbuck's.

I use a keurig machine..... My coffeee comes in one cup at a time cups. This means every cup is perfectly fresh and vacuum sealed. It also means that I will never again have to buy filters.....i have over 350 cups right now, that i got a good deal on..... Right now they are coming out to about 30 cents a cup.

My wife mentioned getting one of those Keurig machines awhile back, but I told her it may not be cost effective. I could be wrong though (first time in my life, lol). I got up around 0730 this morning turned the coffee pot on (always prep it the night before), and by about 1200 I had drank the entire 12 cup pot by myself. :shock:

It works out good for my house........ I'm the only one who drinks coffee, so in the morning its either brew a pot of coffee just to take one cup with me for my drive into the office, or brew a single cup which only takes 11 seconds. The other nice thing is that my wife drinks tea, so she can bewe tea with the same machine, one right after the other........ Just all about circumstance, as for a lot of people this wouldn't be cost effective.

Oh yeah........ The real reason I decided to respond to this was to tell you guys of a great place to get your supplies

https://www.coffeeforless.com

I love that place....... Make a couple if orders and they start to send you special offers.

Folgers all the way here.

Price be damned.

truth be told, I only drink coffee at work and while camping. Im the only one who drinks it at home so I dont bother making it.

So I looked at the Dunkin' Donuts stuff I drink when I went to the grocery store this week, $9.99/lb, but it's on sale for $7.49/lb...I think it's one of those things that just about ALWAYS on sale.

Waterwings said:
We don't have a Target, Dunkin' Donuts, Krispy Kreme, Starbuck's, or anything like that here. If you want something other than what's made at home, we have McD's or Burger King. The BK Joe isn't bad, and they're supposed to be switching nation-wide to Seattle's Best (might have already done it) which is owned by Starbuck's.

We drink a lot of Dunkin' Donuts at the house since my sister in law turned us on to it. It's good stuff. You can usually find it at Kroger or Wal Mart.

If it's not that or some specialty bean that the wife has picked up to try, it's good ol' Maxwell House.

My wife would put us in the poor house before she stopped buying coffee. I can usually take it or leave it and don't drink nearly as much as I used to. She's hooked, though. You don't want to be around her if she doesn't have access to coffee. :shock:

Quackrstackr said:
Waterwings said:

We drink a lot of Dunkin' Donuts at the house since my sister in law turned us on to it. It's good stuff. You can usually find it at Kroger or Wal Mart...

Our Kroger's does carry the Dunkin' Donuts and Starbucks coffee, and one other one I think, but I'm a cheapskate (especially since my wife is now unemployed) and am gonna stick with Maxwell, unless it gets priced way too high.

Stick with the Maxwell.

Once you try the DD, it makes Maxwell tast like gas station swill and it is hard to go back. :lol:

I currently have a bag of Hawaiian macadamia beans at the house that is fantastic.

My wife buys a lot of the flavored coffees. Some of them are good, some of them I would rather have plain ol' Folgers.

The thing about those flavored coffees is that if you drink them every day (as we have a tendency to do until you go through the bag and buy more coffee), your taste buds don't really pick up on the flavoring after about 3 days or so.

Latest posts