Just one of those days

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pruitt1222

Reaction score
Went out fishing today and had a little trouble.It all started sunday night, It was about midnight and I heard something out side. Got my magcharger and went out to take a little look see and find two teen boys trying to steal my outboard. They had broke the end off the screw handle that clamps the motor to the boat, I had a lock through the two handles like many a people do. So I took a cable lock and locked it down for the night. Went out this morning and didn't give it anohter thought. About thirty miles up stream I came up on a barge. Right after I passed him the motor made a popping noise as I bounced through the wake. Got me a little worried cause will I am a long way away from the truck, So I ease off it to check to outboard to try and figure out where the noise came from. Soon as ease up I fell the tiller get ripped from my hand. :shock: I turn around to try and figure out just what happened and see my outboard skiing behind the boat. With out giving it a another thought I reach out and shuter down and grab it, Start getting it in the boat befor I really thought about what even happened. So as I am pulling this heavy chunk of aluminum out of the water which is even heavyer then normal cause the boat is still moving I am thinking to myself how in the world. So as I raise it up I try I set it down on the transom and it goes down with room to spare. Not just a little room but like a full inch of space. #-o Thats right, I never checked to make sure it was torqued down after I ran those boys off. So I drop the trolling motor and point the boat down stream, Tighten the motor back down and take the hood off the see just what the damages are. The coils got a bit wet but other wise dry as a bone, while trying to get it restarted I broke the starter recoil spring. Arr as I was thinking to myself what else can go wrong. I rewind it by hand and keep trying, Pop the starter rope went. On that note I decide to take lunch. After I ate I got the string repaired. I sprayed wd-40 on the coils and a little starter fuild down the carb and give it one last try and think the lord it started. Got it back home, replace the spring and got a few extra parts to carry aboard. I guess it could have been worse . I could have put the boat in the garage after I ran those boys off. If that was the case it would have never got that cable lock the held it to the boat when it fell off. It would have been floating down stream held up to a gas tank maybe.

Read your story; when I didn't think it could get any worse, it just kept on going, and going, and going! Sorry to hear that you had such troubles, but glad to hear that you got home safe and sound...not floating on a gas tank!

Latest posts