Barbecue to die for

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadmeat

Reaction score
Yesterday I was in Macon, Georgia giving a presentation at the Georgia Coroners Association annual meeting. One of the coroners is a real barbecue fanatic and has taken a casket and done some modifications to it. He's mounted in on a trailer and the inside of the casket is insulated and has lids and has become a cooler for adult beverages. On the back on the trailer near the head of the casket is the smoker and on the other side of the casket is a huge grill. After eating some I can tell you it really is barbecue to die for. In their profession and mine it really does help to have a sense of humor that's a few degrees off plumb.

Attachments

• Barbecue to die for 1.jpg
    Barbecue to die for 1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 478
  • Barbecue to die for 2.jpg
    Barbecue to die for 2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 478
fender66 said:
The question is, " What are they BBQing?" :shock:
Well, in this case I can verify that it was pork ribs. I had to work a forensic case several years near Juliette, Georgia where the movie Fried Green Tomatoes was filmed. I was out in the boonies as lunch approached and asked the sheriff where a good place to eat was. He told me to go to the Whistle Stop Cafe (yes, it really is there) but cautioned against getting the barbecue.