Thermacell: anyone have one?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ihavenoideawhattoput

Reaction score
What do you think of these? Anyone else have one?

I went coyote hunting with a buddy the other week and he had one, we had no bugs on us and he swears by these things. While buying mine at the store another customer stopped me to tell me how great they are.

Attachments

• 2010-09-20 12.07.47.jpg
    2010-09-20 12.07.47.jpg
    482.6 KB · Views: 330
I keep 3 on my boat for when I go night fishing - one in the front at the front fish finder, one in the middle of the boat out of the way, and one in the rear at the stern light.

You wouldn't believe the pile of bugs I have to clean off of my boat the next day from the stern light - not to mention that bugs don't eat me alive or swarm around my face when I use it.

Mosquitos have never been a problem for me (personally), but they eat my wife alive... they still get her a little with thermacells around her in the boat, but not as bad as when I never used them with her before

I used one this year when the mosquitoes got really bad and i needed to work on the cars. It worked great, no bites while I had it running. But I got bit 3 times just putting it in the garage to let it get started.

I use this when duck and turkey hunting. It is a fantastic device and I highly recommend it. Buy several and always take one with you!

Note - I rarely use them on the boat as it tends to be more windy on the boat. The windier it is, the less effective it can be.

KRS

I have one,never have tried it though...figured it's always to windy on the boat.

Greatest thing since sliced bread. I have two...no skeeters anywhere around me!

Latest posts