Deer Ranch

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perchin

Reaction score
One of my co-workers family runs a large deer ranch in MI. He's been telling me about one particular buck that they named shovelhead. Do any of you remember a few years ago that million dollar buck??? Well ol' shovelhead is an offspring of him. My co-workers family paid over 15k for one straw of the million dollar buck. They do not do any paid hunts at their ranch, just strictly buisness of creating the largest whitetails, and then selling their genetics....cool all the same... ol' shovelhead here scored in at 289 B&C and currently pulls in around 10k per straw of his..... here are some photo's of him, and also a few of the others on the ranch. enjoy guys.

Shovelhead
Bucks 2010 031AB.jpg

Bucks 2010 035AB.jpg

Bucks 2010 045AB.jpg

Bucks 2010 094AB.jpg

Bucks 2010 101AB.jpg

This one gives perspective on how much bigger shovelhead is compared to the others
Bucks 2010 131AB.jpg

I'm all for big bucks/antlers but I also think we can't leave nothing alone...
Didn't realize there was so much money tied up in deer "stuff"

A guy I work with raises deer too. Not in that big of quantity though. I think he has 2-3 bucks and maybe 5 does.

There is a lot of money involved in this stuff because of these huge ranches that are completely fenced in and have their own deer heard. Hunts on those types of ranches go anywhere from 10-30k for one 200" class deer.

Anyways the guy I work with paid 8k for 3 sperm samples for a buck from a guy out west. He implanted all 3 in different does and only one took. That was 2 years ago. The buck is 2 years old now and almost 190". He can turn around and sell the sperm from this deer for like 5k a sample. So it really is a great money investment.

He said the buck that was born this spring will most likely be bigger than his 2yo that he has now.

Latest posts