Want to fish Kentucky Lake?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
I keep hearing about Kentucky lake and how big it is - of course the TV shows make it seem like there are fish everywhere. So is anyone willing to put on a Tinboats get-together on the lake some weekend? It's only a 9 hour drive from Wisconsin, probably closer for some of you mountain men :)

I figure I could leave on a Thursday night, drive all night and fish all day Friday, Saturday and some of Sunday before having to make the trek back.

Just curious if anyone else hs considered this or if I'm the only crazy one.

Will

I am interested, but to be honest, it will depend heavily on when. I'll keep watching for more info. I think it's about 4 or 5 hours drive for me.

I am leaving next wed the 29th to head to ky lake out of Paris tn to fish for 7 days I have been there a few times and the fishing can be great. as long as they are pulling current. and yes the lake is huge

Gentlemen don't wait too long if you are thinking this year. The winds in the fall can be killers on ky lake. try and stay on the north end up by Hillman Ferry State Park and the canal that joins Ky lake to Barkely that way if the wind gets crazy you would have some options for calmer water. Type Dave stewart bass guide he publishes a weekly report on where and on what for all species he is a great guide as well. Hillman is a nice park too. Those big smallmouth should be moving up to fatten up for the winter pretty quick...:)

I'm 15 minutes away... :mrgreen:

There is no grass this year because of high water and cool temps this spring. It has made fishing tough for people not familiar with the lake. It is primarily a ledge bite during the warmer months unless there is some grass around.

Like I said....not sure that I can make it but....here are 2 weekends that I know I CAN'T make it....assuming it matters. Don't build anything around me though....just trying to be proactive.

Oct 16/17
Oct 23/24

I think it sounds like fun!

Hmm....I'll bite. I might be up for a mini tinboats GTG on Ky Lake, again depending on when and funds available at the time. 8)

Between vacation, birthday parties, my little girl's first camping trip and her cheerleading comps, I have something going every weekend in October, unfortunately.

Actually,we are going down this weekend. Chris it will be a 3.5-5 hr trip,depending on what part of the lake you go. Margaret and I are going to Paris Landing and it's around 4-4.5hrs from home.That's down near the KY-TN border.

As far as a GTG next spring,We are game as long as it's not the last weekend of April or the first weekend in May.Sister(from CA) is renting a house and my Roofer's Mart tourny At LOZ.Any other time I can be there.

stratosjoe said:
Gentlemen don't wait too long if you are thinking this year. The winds in the fall can be killers on ky lake. try and stay on the north end up by Hillman Ferry State Park and the canal that joins Ky lake to Barkely that way if the wind gets crazy you would have some options for calmer water. Type Dave stewart bass guide he publishes a weekly report on where and on what for all species he is a great guide as well. Hillman is a nice park too. Those big smallmouth should be moving up to fatten up for the winter pretty quick...:)

Agree, use to go every year for a week vacation there with friends since 2000, but the last three years we have not do to money issues :(

S&MFISH said:
Actually,we are going down this weekend. Chris it will be a 3.5-5 hr trip,depending on what part of the lake you go. Margaret and I are going to Paris Landing and it's around 4-4.5hrs from home.That's down near the KY-TN border.

As far as a GTG next spring,We are game as long as it's not the last weekend of April or the first weekend in May.Sister(from CA) is renting a house and my Roofer's Mart tourny At LOZ.Any other time I can be there.
be sure to post a report on this weekend... i am leaving next wed staying at the swiss villa

From what I'm hearing, fishing is still pretty tough. We haven't had much in the way of cool weather yet. It was 95 here yesterday.

I haven't been out lately but I've heard the white bass are still pretty active.

Quackrstackr said:
From what I'm hearing, fishing is still pretty tough. We haven't had much in the way of cool weather yet. It was 95 here yesterday.

I haven't been out lately but I've heard the white bass are still pretty active.

We've had about the same temps here in St. Louis, but the water temps are getting down in the 80 degree range...which is about 12-15 degrees lower than it was a month ago. That has to help a little.

I spent 2 weeks on a lake in tenn about ten years ago.and on the way back to Mass we fished Ky did pretty good for a day trip.I beleave we put in off a highway that runs thru it THE LAND OF THE LAKES

Latest posts