TinBoats.Net February 2008 Challenge

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARINE0341

Reaction score
Hey Fishin NJ, do you have the sneakers for the nike+, or did you get the pouch for the sensor... if you do have the sneakers for it, how do you like them?

Im just curious cause at some point in the near future i want to get the sneakers, and the nike+... but i just want to know how the sneakers are (durable wise) cause im gonna be running with them nothing else.

thanks man
:)

Thanks FishinNJ

Im gonna take a look at those, i like assic, there good. But im just gonna wear them for running, in the past when i use to run, i use to wear the same sneakers for daily use and for running also. you deffinetly find out that sneakers dont last that long lol.

jim i totaly forgot you have the nike+

and when i do get the nike+ i think im gonna get the pouch for the system

MARINE0321 said:
Thanks FishinNJ

Im gonna take a look at those, i like assic, there good. But im just gonna wear them for running, in the past when i use to run, i use to wear the same sneakers for daily use and for running also. you deffinetly find out that sneakers dont last that long lol.

jim i totaly forgot you have the nike+

and when i do get the nike+ i think im gonna get the pouch for the system

Good idea! These nike sneakers are just ok. Would rather NB or asics.

I thought in the past inorder to use the nike+ system you had to buy the nike sneakers. nike is really good they never let me down... but my experince with (new balance) was awesome, i had those when i when through boot camp and SOI (school of infantry) those sneakers are built to last. and the assic are really good to, i just want to find a good pair, reebox in my mind suck which i paid alot of money for fell apart withn 3 months... never again reebox lol

Crappy run today stamina and speed wise...Figured it out too.

I leave my house around 5:30 to 6:00 AM. I stop at Dunkin Donuts and get a medium coffee.

I had no coffee today before the run so I was not fueled with the caffeine.

I just joined guys. I just saw this post today. It looks like I have some ground to make up on Jim. :) Maybe this will keep me motivated to walk. I always start and then stop after a few days.

I might not be able to do this. Is the sensor only for the iPod Nano? I only have the 4GB iPod.

Never mind. I asked my kids if my iPod is a Nano and they said yes :lol:

I ordered the sensor and the pouch from Amazon last night. They had both for $39 including S&H.

Fishin NJ said:
Folks the February Tinboats.Net Challenge for Nike + has been posted on the Nike Plus site. You may Walk, Jog, Run it all counts!!

Go to the Nike + site select gallery under challenges and look for the title: TinBoats.Net February Challenge

Select join and your Nike + miles will begin being tracked for this challenge on the day it starts. Challenge starts Feb 1st and ends Feb. 29th, most miles overall!!

Starting in March I will begin awarding the winner with a prize which i will chose, It will relate to fishing. To be considered for this you must be a active member of the site. Active member is set by Jims rules that he uses for the sites contest.

They are:

An active member is a member who makes four (4) measly posts per month.

Any questions about the challenges or nike + can be directed to me here or via pm.

We look forward to some more members joining up on the system, it is a inexpensive way to motivate yourself and track your progress. At a cost of $30.00 for the nike + and approx $10 to order a pouch to carry the sensor in if you are not wearing nike plus sneakers.

As i am sure many people know your treadmill does not track YOUR miles It tracks the speed the belt is moving at. The Nike plus system tracks YOUR miles via a sensor on your sneakers. You will be quite surprised how different your mileage compaired to the machines actually is. Many times you will find yourself doing less then what the treadmill tells you you are.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="198" height="260" id="Nike+ Runs" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="movie" value="https://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/v1/swf/scrapablewidget/challenge.swf"><param name="quality" value="high"><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff"><param name="FlashVars" value="type=scrapeChallenge&userDefaultUnit=mi&screenName=JimmyT&dateFormat=DD/MM/YY&versionNum=2.0&id=753951364&region=us&language=en&locale=en_us"><embed src="https://nikeplus.nike.com/nikeplus/v1/swf/scrapablewidget/challenge.swf" quality="high" wmode="transparent" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="198" height="260" name="Nike+ Runs" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" FlashVars="type=scrapeChallenge&userDefaultUnit=mi&screenName=JimmyT&dateFormat=DD/MM/YY&versionNum=2.0&id=753951364&region=us&language=en&locale=en_us" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="https://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed></object>

Any idea why my distance isn't showing? I walked my one mile and I want credit :lol:

Fishin NJ said:
when did u add it to nike + it can talk up to 24 hours to post?

Another thought on this,

Is it showing at all on your nike + site that you did the run?

I had a problem in the begining and i called nike +, they informed me that it should show instantly on your runs section but can talk up to 24 hours to apply to any challenges you are in.

It its in your runs?

Yes it's in my runs. I'll check it again tomorrow to see if it updates in our challenge. Thanks

Latest posts