The coolest thing happened over the weekend

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poolie

Reaction score
As some of you know my wife and I are those 'crazy dog people'... actually more specifically we're 'crazy Greyhound people'. At last count we have 5 greyhounds.

So over the weekend we were in Myrtle Beach at a greyhound event with a couple hundred other crazy greyhound people. Anyway, Saturday we were walking through a vendor section I saw a book that caught me eye. The title was 'Born To Run', a book that covers the life of a racing greyhound from puppy to couch potato. I read the preface and bought it. Last night when we arrive home and we're unpacking, my wife picked up the book, flipped it open and said, 'huh, that looks like Drew'. Drew is the first hound we adopted and will be 9 in a month or so. Then she started screaming! OMG it WAS Drew, know on the racetrack as L's Main Event. There in print was a picture of our mutt stretched out like superman as he crossed the finish line winning his first Grade A race. The author of the book just happened to be there at the track that day.

What are the odds of that? Unless you happen to own a dog that had an exceptional racing career, finding a picture of them on the racetrack is a million to one event... much less in a book.

The only problem now is that my wife wants a dozen copies of the book #-o She contacted the author last night and he said he would happily provide us copies of the images he took. He said he often wondered if anyone would see their dog in his book and so far we're the first to contact him about it.

My grand father used to train grey hounds to be race dogs..those are some fast animals.

Here he is! This is also the same knuckle-head that ate a container of dental floss three years ago and set us back $7k to have it cut out of his gut #-o All in all it's been worth it. He's settled into retirement as a registered therapy dog that goes to our local library once month and has children that are slow readers read books to him.

DrewAtTheTrack640.jpg

I'd have him autograph it Poolie. (Drew that is)

What a kewl story Man!

Cool Picture...I like your couch potato comment. My daughter & future son in law have a Silken Windhound, partially for how the sighthounds are either running flat out of laying on their beds...

Latest posts