Cades Cove Darwin Award Candidate

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadmeat

Reaction score
From time to time I see postings in the Watering Hole about dumb things some folks do, many of which makes them eligible for a potential Darwin Award. Having worked in a morgue for many years, I've long since ceased to be amazed at the last acts of stupidity that makes some of them eligible for autopsy. Oh, the stories I could tell.

Last week my wife and I took a drive around the Cades Cove Loop Road in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. It's an 11-mile loop around some of the most beautiful country in the United States. The speed limit is 20 mph, but even given the slow speed some folks get distracted by the numerous deer, turkeys, bears, or scenery and somehow still manage to drive off the road and occasional hit a tree. The picture below shows the SUV we were following, a young girl sitting on the window ledge with half her body hanging out of the SUV and the other half inside. If she slipped and fell outside the SUV she stood a good chance of being run over by the rear wheels. If daddy drove off the road unexpectedly she could hit who knows what. Maybe it's understandable for the girl not to recognize the danger but what were the parents doing for brains?

Attachments

• Cades Cove Darwin Award Candidate.jpg
    Cades Cove Darwin Award Candidate.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 600
I knew a guy who worked at the morgue here in Toronto. He told me there are a surprising number of cases where guys die while weight-lifting alone when they drop the barbell, which crushes their throat.

Here's another one.

What are the odds? :shock:

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39377851/ns/world_news-europe/?GT1=43001

Maybe the next CEO will equip them with a set of automatic ejection sneakers for riders that can't figure out how to step off of the thing.

i was there last weekend. these idiots in a burban see some deer, stop the car blocking the road and stoping all traffic, get out, lock the car, and procede to walk out into the fields

cant fix stupid. first time i ever saw my granny give somebody the bird :)!

Quackrstackr said:
Here's another one.

What are the odds? :shock:

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39377851/ns/world_news-europe/?GT1=43001

Maybe the next CEO will equip them with a set of automatic ejection sneakers for riders that can't figure out how to step off of the thing.

...or a parachute. :)

BaitCaster said:
You gotta tell some of your stories!
Well, one of the guys who wound up on the autopsy table was involved in an alcohol-fueled argument one night on whether a bulletproof vest would stop a knife. Betting that it would, our Darwin Award winner put on the vest, laid down on the floor, and his buddy then proceeded to thrust a very large hunting knife into the middle of the vest. There's a reason it's called "BULLETproof."

Latest posts