Wife's Van caught on fire today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
My wife was driving the kids to school when they started to smell something. My wife's been sick, so she couldn't smell, but she took notice when one of the kids started crying because it smelled so bad. That's when she noticed smoke in the car. She called me, who told her to PULL OVER and call 911!!! - crazy girl was still driving with rear of the car on fire!!!
The wiring in the rear hatch (right behind the two older kids) caught on fire. The firemen came and couln't get in the rear hatch as it's all electronic opening/closing. They soaked the interior and then had to break the rear window to finish putting it out. The fire investigator showed up and was checking fuses and stuff. He pulled one which was unblown, but when he tried to put it back in, he got shocked and the fuse blew immediatly! None of the gauges work anymore, there is smoke all on the inside of the windows. The tow guy said it was likely totaled.

But praise God everyone was ok!

Jim said:
Wow man! Crazy stuff.

Glad everyone is ok! What kind of van was it?

Thanks guys. It was a 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan. We just drove it from Wisconsin to Tennessee last weekend without any issues. I'm glad it happened close to home!

Edit: And now I'm also glad I just bought my own tow vehicle :roll:

glad everything turned out ok, car fires are no joke and can get ingulfed in a matter of seconds

yall got lucky, hope the insurance and everything goes good for yall!

Latest posts