Wisconsin Angler Reels in Coyote

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ihavenoideawhattoput

Reaction score
In a strange story out of Holmen, Wis., a bass fisherman hooked a coyote while reeling in his frog lure.

5053471743_3a2931f30d_o.jpg

The LaCrosse Tribune has the details:

Anglers might have a tendency to stretch the truth sometimes, but it's tough to top Bruce Chandler's fishing story. The Holmen bass fisherman two weeks ago was casting an Ish's Phat Frog fishing lure in a Mississippi River slough near Goose Island when a coyote sprang from the tall grass on shore, leaped into the water and latched onto it.

"In a blink of an eye, it was that quick. It looked as shocked as I was," said Chandler, 62.

The adult coyote, estimated at 25 to 30 pounds, pulled one way, Chandler the other.

"All I thought was that coyote had my $9 frog that I had just bought and I wanted it back," said Chandler, who used his trolling motor to pull the coyote into open water.

After snapping a photo of the song dog, Chandler and a friend used a needle-nose pliers to free the coyote and watched it swim to shore.

That's pretty gutsy. I think I would have just had to get a new frog. I've killed many coyotes in my day and many of them were very nasty. I cant imagine what kind of diseases and funk a coyote bite would leave you with.

Latest posts