frustrated

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

free jonboat

Reaction score
so a guy around the corner from me had a 1436 discovery with a nice galvanized bandit trailer. i have been wanting this boat for years since it just sits in his back yard. so today i come home, and what do ya know, its sitting in my nextdoor neighbor's back yard. oh well, im thankful for what i have.

free jonboat said:
so a guy around the corner from me had a 1436 discovery with a nice galvanized bandit trailer. i have been wanting this boat for years since it just sits in his back yard. so today i come home, and what do ya know, its sitting in my nextdoor neighbor's back yard. oh well, im thankful for what i have.

Did you express an interest in it to the previous owner? My sister's neighbor had a tin boat on a trailer with flat tires and expired registration tags on it when I was shopping around looking for a boat. After I bought mine, I brought it over to my sister's house to show them and the neighbor came over. He said he would've let me have his old boat for real cheap if I had only let him know I was interested in it. While I paid a big chunk of money for my boat, I'm glad I did go this route as I wouldn't have been able to do all I do with his, that I can with mine.

Popeye said:
free jonboat said:

Did you express an interest in it to the previous owner? My sister's neighbor had a tin boat on a trailer with flat tires and expired registration tags on it when I was shopping around looking for a boat. After I bought mine, I brought it over to my sister's house to show them and the neighbor came over. He said he would've let me have his old boat for real cheap if I had only let him know I was interested in it. While I paid a big chunk of money for my boat, I'm glad I did go this route as I wouldn't have been able to do all I do with his, that I can with mine.

yea i asked him a few times when i cut through his yard to get to the lake

Now the question turns into was "cutting through his yard" already ok'd by him before you cut through...??

If not then you might have your answer right there....

Outdoorsman.

actually, i used to walk around the block to get to the lake and oneday he was walking his dog and i was going fishing, he told me i could cut through his yard. super nice guy, always asks about my family and what not.

Friendly or a nuisance, neighbors are often odd folk.

My father-in-law's neighbor had a lot of stuff he wanted to sell, so I ended up helping him sell his stuff on Craigslist. When we came to the boat, I told him my buddies and I were interested, and he and I roughed out a price of $250-300 for a 12' Sears 12 x 36 or 48 in bare but good condition and trailer that needed wiring, lights, tires, and paint. He didn't have all the paperwork in order, so when I went camping the next weekend I topped his boat as a 'try before you buy' sort of thing. When we came back, dude tells me he didn't get the paperwork but I don't have to unload the boat if I give him $300 now. I ask him about the trailer, and he says he can't sell it without straightening it out. I drop the boat, and ask about it a few weeks later...he's still farting around with the paperwork. A month after that, same thing. So, how bad is it...that was two years ago, and it still sits in his yard. How bad is that paperwork? Well...

The neighbor who has the boat, received it for payment for a job when he lived in Indiana. Never registered it there though, so the boat's still registered with Indiana in the original owners name (although the tags are likely way expired). The trailer was titled in AZ when it was brought out, but it's not in the neighbor's name. Get this: he sold the boat to a friend who's wife said it was the boat or her, he chose her...BUT...he titled & registered the trailer. When he brought the boat/trailer back to the neighbor, he didn't bring the title. So my neighbor's got a boat, with IN #'s, that hasn't been registered for years, a trailer to go with it but the trailer title/reg is AZ and not in his name or possession, and he wants to sell me all this for $450, $300 for just the boat, when we pretty-much agreed on $250-300 for everything. AND it's a paperwork nightmare!

Needless to say, I told him NO DEAL without the paperwork being done. I'd like the boat, and even $450 isn't that bad of a deal, but not with the headache it comes with!

Some of 'um ya just gotta let go. :cry:

free jonboat said:
Outdoorsman said:
Maybe just ask him why...

Outdoorsman.

nahhh, i guess its not that big of a deal. whats done is done

Those two guys are probably sitting around laughing :LMFAO: and drinking beer :beer: watching you walk down to the lake where you sit on the bank fishing :fishing2: trying to figure out why ](*,)

I'm just sayin' :LOL22:

Maybe the neighbor asked first, or maybe he knows him better, or maybe he forgot that you wanted the boat and thought it was your neighbor that was asking about it? Doesnt really matter why. It is what it is. Sounds like your happier with your current boat. Why sweat things you cannot control?

Latest posts