Truck GRRRRR!!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
Dropped my 2010 Ford F150 at the dealership (on the 5th) for a leak I would get on the passenger side floor when it rains, there was a sloshing sound when I hit the brakes. They checked it out and found a seam that was never welded in front of the firewall, the dealership had to send it out to a body shop, apparently its a pretty intense job, fender has to come off and whatever else. They have to drill a hole to empty the water and put a plug in. I asked for a loner vehicle and they said they dont loan cars any more but if I wanted i could go to Enterprise(car rental place) mention their name and I could get a discount. That didnt happen, I'm still without a vehicle, I'm waiting to get the truck back before I fire off a letter to Ford.

When I first picked up the truck I noticed it didnt have the tow package which I had ordered($350) They called a trailer place and the next day I had a hitch put on which they paid for($109), so they got me on that one.

Guess I'm just not nice enough to be treated like that. Sad, but true. Hope your truck finds it's way back home soon.....and fixed correctly!

Wasn't there something on Fox news acouple weeks ago about the boys going partying on their 30 min breaks(Dodge plant).Downing quarts(beer)and smoking some pot.Think I seen a clip on one of these forums somewhere,boy did they scatter when the reporter finallly came to talk to them acouple weeks into the investagation.
Probably the same thing going on at Ford,you just got a party truck.

I'm pretty sure all the welding is done by robotics. I can't visualize where in the cab cowl area an unwelded seam wouldn't have been sealer coated and why any water wouldn't drain out. I'm curious how the shop guys figured out that a weld wasn't done right at the factory.

It honestly sounds like BS.

Jamie

I'd be checking for any other bad reports (State Attorney General's office & BBB) concerning that particular dealership, plus contacting Ford as you're doing. The tow package sounds like something they're doing to scam folks and make extra $$. Have you previuosly purchased any other vehicles from that dealership?

Concur with Ranchero about the welding done by robots nowadays. I believe all of that stuff is pretty much automated now. See how much of a runaround they give you about you wanting to personally see the unwelded seam once they get the fender off and so on. Hoping you get things resolved soon and to your satisfaction, not theirs.

Did you know the tow package is more then just a hitch? I believe it also adds a trans cooler and the trailer wiring is fused seperately from the truck lights. I don't think I would be a happy camper. Did you order this truck to your specs?

Crankworm said:
Did you know the tow package is more then just a hitch? I believe it also adds a trans cooler and the trailer wiring is fused seperately from the truck lights. I don't think I would be a happy camper. Did you order this truck to your specs?

my thoughts exactly......... no way would I let them charge me $350 for a tow "package" and settle for an simple $109 reese hitch... I also probably often seem like a jerk to the shops, but with all the fraudulant crap going on these days, I always ask a thousand questions and ask to see my old parts and so forth.

Just a thought: If you bought the truck new, did you keep the big sticker from the window showing all the standard/optional items that came with the truck, and what was included in the deal you paid for? Might make for some good backup when dealing with the dealership, Ford, and legal assitance if needed.

Make sure you contact Ford. We purchased a Taurus a few years back, after having it a few months the clear coat and paint started to peal off of the trunk, the dealership told us they couldn't do anything about it. I spoke with everybody at the dealership and was told the same thing, "nothing we can do about faulty paint". I sent a short email to Ford describing the issue and the dealers lack of help, the next day the dealership called and asked me to bring the car in and every problem would be taken care of.

devilmutt said:
Make sure you contact Ford. We purchased a Taurus a few years back, after having it a few months the clear coat and paint started to peal off of the trunk, the dealership told us they couldn't do anything about it. I spoke with everybody at the dealership and was told the same thing, "nothing we can do about faulty paint". I sent a short email to Ford describing the issue and the dealers lack of help, the next day the dealership called and asked me to bring the car in and every problem would be taken care of.

Why do dealerships have to act like this. They force the evil sides out of all of us and all it does is make them look bad in the long run....and they all do it!

I would most definitely contact corporate, that is a corporate defect. I think I would push for a replacement vehicle. That is a serious issue and you should also check to make sure Ford will stand behind the bodyshops repair. Bad deal dude!

its not a missed weld, just one they thaught they didnt need #-o it is a common thing on every make of rig. no way to really tell untill they are out on the roads and in the weather. ive got some water leaks that would make you pull your hair out before. they can def. be tuff to find

i would write a letter and definatly get intouch with ford on the phone. When the regional reps get involved we have (the dealership) no choice but to make you happy in whatever way you want to be made and getting the reps involved is really the only way to get that to happen

perfect example, though ive got to say alot of times "example" gm will tell us we cant do anything. customer gets ahold of somebody in corperate pissed off and they will bite the bullet to keep the customer and give the dealership authroization for the fix (meaning ford/chevy will pay the dealer for fixing it) its all abunch of bs and the exact reason im quiting chevy

hope things get better for ya

dont forget to tell them how you got screw'd on the tow package! may just get a check back

I worked for 2.5 months at a GMC, Pontiac, Buick dealership as a salesman and guys for the most part it is a crooked bussiness. Not saying all are but most are. That is the main reason why I did it for such a short time. My first day on the job, a friend and his wife came in and I sold my first car to them. It was a brand new 1996 Pontiac Firebird. They had some problems with it within 2 weeks. They brought it in and were basically told by the sales manager that there was nothing the dealership could do. He came to me and I tried but still could not get any help for them. Needless to say that dealership only lasted under that ownership and management for about 2.5 yrs.

Contact an attorney, then call the dealer and let them knwo you contacted an attorney about fraud charges. Towing package is more than a hitch and tranny cooler. Should/could also be programming, trailer wiring, transmission upgrades, differential gearing, locker, and could include a tranny temp gage, and other things.

Don't even get me going about my ford stories. No car is any better or worse, but ford is at the bottom of customer satisfaction in my opinion. When they replaced my motor with a rebuilt 8 months after i spent 30k for it off the showroom floor, they told me i could rent a loaner too. Never again for me.

Waterwings said:
Jim said:
...they told me i could rent a loaner too. Never again for me.

Isn't that pretty much the standard, due to most people having a rental vehicle clause (or whatever it's called) in their vehicle insurance policy? Not sure, just posing a question. :)

I think jim mean's the dealership should of offered...or paid by Ford... a vehicle for him to use while his "BRAND NEW" truck was being repaired under I'm assuming warranty..... It shouldn't have had anything to do with his collision insurance. :wink:

Latest posts