Totaled the car Pic's added 10/28

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Reaction score
We have been with out electricity for 26 hours and I needed to get more gas for the generator. On the way back I had a guy in a pickup truck make a turn right in front of me I stood on the brakes and just barely missed the truck but not the trailer he was towing. My right arm is in a sling and I'm sore. I'll get the police report tomorrow and some pictures of the car.

Little wind, yea maybe up there. Been pushing 25-35mpg non-stop for the past two days down here.

Sorry to hear about your accident, hope everything goes alright. If you need an attorney, let me know. My brother practices family law in DuPage county.

Sorry to hear. Hope you mend quickly.

The winds here in St. Louis have been strong enough to take my light post in the front yard (standard size) and blow it over to about 45 degrees. The bottom is about 10-12 inches in the ground, and I've learned that it was never anchored...just buried. Add that to my list! :(

Thanks everyone I'm doing better today. For the last few days there were winds in the 30's with gusts near 60 mph. I have to clean out the car later and will take some pictures.

Those winds have been crazy! I finally died down out here some time between yesterday and today. The sun is actually peaking through the clouds from time to time today. Still cold though...

Sorry to hear about the accident. There are few things in life more frustrating than that. At least you lived to tell about it here on tinboats!

It was a 2002 chevy impala only 67000 miles and 1/2 a tank of gas. I'm still waiting for the police report but the other driver did get at least one ticket for what I don't know yet.

Attachments

• IMG_5613.JPG
    IMG_5613.JPG
    675.6 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_5614.JPG
    IMG_5614.JPG
    731.3 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_5617.JPG
    IMG_5617.JPG
    803.4 KB · Views: 611
  • IMG_5611.JPG
    IMG_5611.JPG
    437.3 KB · Views: 611
Waterwings said:
Ouch! Hope you get to feeling better soon. Did the airbag deployment cause the injury to your arm?
I'm not sure if it was the airbag or it hit the dash. I have bruise on my forearm.

Was wondering if the airbag caused the injury. The driver's ed teacher at the school is now teaching, and has told us, that the "new" way of holding the steering wheel is to have both hands below centerline of the wheel to avoid the airbag if it deploys. I've always driven with one or both hands near the top of the wheel, of course, there were no airbags in vehicles back when a few of us on here first learned to drive.

Looks like and sounds like all the safety features did thier job. Crumple zones, air bags, seatbelt, etc. Wasnt too long ago a crash like that would have left your head imprint in the windshield and a nice imprint on your chest of the steering wheel center piece, and youd be lucky if your ribs werent broken amongst other things.

I never believe you truely get what the car is worth, especially an older car.

Latest posts