Good times

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggerhead Mike

Reaction score
After struggling at the dealership for the last 2 years I put in for an opening at the county school bus garage. Well 2 months of politics (all the higher ups want their buddys to get the job) they picked me out of 23 people. The head guy at the garage said I blew everybody out of the water as far as certifications and what not just had to get the school board and superintendant to agree with him. Taking a pay cut but with the benifits, less stress and pressure I think it will be well worth it. The thing im most excited for is not having to fight for your hours (most mechanics are flat rate EI commision). After the last 2 years of just getting buy I cant wait for the ease of mind knowing Ill have 40 a week. They also just told me they will reimburse you up to $200 a year for a pair of boots :shock: Kind of pissed me off at first knowing my tax's went to that when Ive never had anything better than a 50 dollar pair of walmart specials but it will be nice to be on the recieving end i recon

anybody else here work for their county? Will be the first job Ive had not at a dealership

funny thing is i went to college for diesel and heavy equipment and never made the switch over

Had the sell the Tinny last fall due to hard times and crappy paychecks. That will be the first on my list when the credit cards get pay'd back off

Congrats on the new venture. Hope it works out for you. Did you learn anything in that training about how to remove gum from everything? :wink:

I have never worked for the county, but have worked for two different cities. In this area the benefits and such are very simmilar.

Congrats on the new job. Not for the county but I have worked for our city for what will soon be 14 years. Working for government of any kind has its perks and down falls, but like I said I've been doing it for 14 years now. Good defiantly outweighs the bad in my case. At least your job SHOULDN'T have any politics involved now that you have been hired. Good luck!

Congrats on the new job =D> . People don't seem to put enough value on peace of mind these days. Hey does that mean you get the summers off to fish like the teachers do? :lol:

Latest posts