BASS Sale Finalized.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W2FTodd

Reaction score
We have the official press release and a Wired take including talks with Jerry himself.
https://www.wired2fish.com/BASS-Sale-is-Finalized---Bass-Fishing-Media-Icon-in-New-Hands-WhatsUp4484

https://blog.wired2fish.com/blog/bid/45402/B-A-S-S-4-0-A-New-Era-in-Bass-Fishing-Begins
-Todd

G2Wired said:
We have the official press release and a Wired take including talks with Jerry himself.
https://www.wired2fish.com/BASS-Sale-is-Finalized---Bass-Fishing-Media-Icon-in-New-Hands-WhatsUp4484

https://blog.wired2fish.com/blog/bid/45402/B-A-S-S-4-0-A-New-Era-in-Bass-Fishing-Begins
-Todd

Hope this means I'll start getting my magazines that were supposed to start arriving 4 months ago.

Good to hear that BASS may be hopefully headed to better times with the new management/owners.

As far as the magazine is concerned, I let my Bassmaster subscription expire 2-3 yrs ago (might be longer), and I really don't miss it. To me (personal input here) it seemed it was just a large collection of advertisments, a few fishing tips thrown-in, and stuff about fiberglass boats. What did me in was when they started adding stories about the pro anglers and how/where/what they used when hunting. I'm not a hunter, and didn't send them money for a hunting magazine. They finally quit sending me renewal notices in the mail.

Chris, I hope you do get your magazines soon.

So after all these years has BASS ever done anything positive for our level of the 'sport' of fishing? Seems that for years they were just about big names running overpriced, overpowered boats at excessive speeds. Dad was a member back in the 80's and it was the same then. Even the tournement rules I read said your boat had to have a console to compete. Wassupwifdat?

Personally I can't support an organization that doesn't put the fish first.
Jamie

Hey fender66, Chris. The magazine, besides pictures, has words in it .....lots of words...If you need any help with "siphering", let me know.....I can read writin but cant seem to write readin .

Funny thing. This thread reminded me to call them today and see what gives. They wanted to know what edition I had received and I couldn't tell them because it was at home. I could tell them what articles it had in it, but it was clear that they didn't read it themselves. Doh! I told them I'd call them back after I got home. However....when I got home....guess what was in the stack of mail.....yep...issue #2. Guess it might be straightened out now???

I hope this gets them back on track and re-focused. As far as the magazine goes, I might pick up one or two tips per issue, but mostly it just entertains me when I can't get out fishing... better that reading 'Better Homes and Gardens'

Waterwings said:
Good to hear that BASS may be hopefully headed to better times with the new management/owners.

As far as the magazine is concerned, I let my Bassmaster subscription expire 2-3 yrs ago (might be longer), and I really don't miss it. To me (personal input here) it seemed it was just a large collection of advertisments, a few fishing tips thrown-in, and stuff about fiberglass boats. What did me in was when they started adding stories about the pro anglers and how/where/what they used when hunting. I'm not a hunter, and didn't send them money for a hunting magazine. They finally quit sending me renewal notices in the mail.

So you can tell I'm searching through older posts.

Last I saw you had to have a 17ft minimum boat, and a 150hp engine.
Maximum was 250hp and talk was of raising it to 300.

I agree 100% that they haven't done much to help the sport. If anything they popularized bass fishing during the ESPN popular years that fishing is tougher, ramps have more traffic and more damage, housing and lake associations are unhappy with tournaments, lakes are heavily disturbed, landowners have land tresspassed on by illegal parkers....The list goes on. I really didn't realize the impact until living on a lake.

Here in MI there are literally thousands of lakes. Problem is the lower half of the state, the biggest lake might be a couple thousand acres, with man well under 1,000 acres.
These aren't lakes on TV that can support lots of boat and fishing traffic because they are several thousands of acres.

Latest posts