Anniversary gift

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fish

Reaction score
About a month ago, I was given another combo from the wifey. She really knows how to hit a soft spot with gifts. I was suprised with a new 9ft shimano noodle rod, with a slightly outdated, but new shimano stradic spinning reel. I had this combo for about a month, and still have yet to use it. I may get to use it this weekend if I get a chance to string it up.
Anyway, I don't really own any shimano rods or reels, and if I had a choice, I would keep it that way, but in this case, I graciously accept. Just figured I would share.
Picture1113.jpg

Picture1115.jpg

Your lucky. I wish my wife would buy me fishing stuff for our anniversary...or for any event!

Jim said:
I've got two of the same reels! They are awesome! Nice setups! :D

Arent those the ones i use from you? if those are the ones, they are great... 8)

Thats a nice setup mr.fish, you shouldnt be disappointed in Shimano, good product and they stand behind they're warinty. Stradic use to have a wedge you would push to fold the handle up, that broke and I wanted to buy a new handle and they sent me one for free. Good luck with it.

jkbirocz said:
Nice setup, your wife knows good tackle.

What's you bef with Shimano?

No beef with shimano. I was just never into thier products. I was trying to slowly transition all my combo's in nothing but Daiwa.

mr.fish said:
jkbirocz said:
Nice setup, your wife knows good tackle.

What's you bef with Shimano?

No beef with shimano. I was just never into thier products. I was trying to slowly transition all my combo's in nothing but Daiwa.

i was doing the same thing with diawa, all my baitcasters were daiwas, then somehow a couple of abu revos snuck in there, and then my first shimano, a conquest 400.
i do think shimano baitcasters are esthetically quite ugly, as well as their spinning reels. i got the conquest because a round reel is a round reel. theyre getting a touch bettter though, as the core is somewhat decent looking, but still cant compare to the daiwa performanc ein my eyes.

Latest posts