cop stopped by today...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wasilvers

Reaction score
An officer stopped by and gave my wife a warning for having a stray dog. Aparently my dog was on the sidewalk in front of my own house and the officer saw him. Said if it happens again, we'll get a ticket for having a stray dog.

Could this be true?

We have a wireless fence but it might allow him access to the sidewalk as it just broadcast's a signal from a spot in the house - already the far corner away from the street. If I turn it down much, he could get shocked in my house.

Fences are not allowed.

(a) It shall be unlawful for any person owning or having possession, charge, custody or control of any animal, including but not limited to domestic, livestock, farm, wildlife or fowl raised in captivity, to permit the animal to stray, run, go or roam at-large in or upon any public street, sidewalk, school grounds, in the area of school vehicles, beaches, parks or on the private property of others without the consent of the owner of such property.

A little research - apparently the officer is correct, and not just mad at the elections last night. Oh well, guess I'm out another $300 for another wireless fence.

Or I could give the dog away, and upset the kids.

Was he on the sidewalk as the kids were going to school or waiting on the bus?

That's the only reason I could figure that an officer would go out of his way to make a deal about a dog on a sidewalk.

dyeguy1212 said:
BaitCaster said:
Um, maybe I'm just cynical, but shouldn't that cop have more important things to do?

Its rarely about "real" police work.

Quackrstackr - No it was later in the morning.

They have yet to catch the theif who stole my son's bike from our yard - did absolutely nothing (didn't even take a report) when my garage was 'tagged', never did stop the kids from tagging the park equipment next to my house (my dog did that by barking at them at night and I came outside), nor have I ever noticed them running any skateboarders out of the park when they decide to loiter , nor do they pull over idiots who don't stop for a right turn at the red light in front of my house (road angles off so they go by at 30+mph)

But they do notice a Beagle when he is sniffing the sidewalk at 9 in the morning. Maybe he was jealous because me and my dog have done more to limit the vandalism of the kids around that area than they have.

Whatever, doesn't seem like common sense is at play when he is 20 feet from my front porch.

Tell him that's not a dog.

It's your new burglar alarm/anti vandalism device that you've had installed in your front yard because they haven't been of much help. :mrgreen:

i would of had a hard time not telling that guy to go do somthing productive

cant have a fence? that would solve alot of problems rite there

It comes down to the fact that the cop was walking/driving by and saw the dog where it shouldn't be. Who knows, someone might have complained about your dog/someone else's dog before. He atleast he didn't write you a ticket.

call and speak to his supervisor. Tell him the same thing, how you dont appreaciate the officer stopping by about your dog in your yard, while tehy havent been able to stop vandalism in your yard. Do you have a sign posted for the invisible fence?

Hanr3 said:
call and speak to his supervisor. Tell him the same thing, how you dont appreaciate the officer stopping by about your dog in your yard, while tehy havent been able to stop vandalism in your yard. Do you have a sign posted for the invisible fence?

The invisible fence signs all came down over time - we've had it for almost 2? years now. It's not like he was chasing little old ladies down the road.

It is against the law - I realize that. But I just had to gripe.

I turned down his fence a bit. He can still make it to his favorite chair, but he might be surprised when he goes to take a dump tomorrow morning :shock: :shock: :shock:

You say you did more to stop the vandalism in the neighborhood?
Perhaps you been calling about certain things that been happening around your place?
Just wondering...was thinking maybe in one of your talks with an officer you might have said maybe they aren't doing their job correctly...
Again just wondering and by know means am I saying you shoudn't call the police when stuff happens.
Just pretty weird to me that an officer would stop to and take the time to say what he did to you.

Latest posts