10 things you can get in Canada, but not in the US

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaitCaster

Reaction score
1. Clamato Juice (mixture of clam and tomato juice used for making a Bloody Caesar, or simply "Ceasar" as we like to call it)

motts20original20clamato201.jpg

2. Bloody Caesar (clamato juice, vodka and tabasco with spice on the rim of the glass and a celery stick. Similar to a Bloody Mary)

bloody-caesar.jpg

3. Smarties (candy treats similar to M&M's but way better)

smarties-3.jpg

4. Butter Tarts (self explanatory - heaven on pastry)

vegan-butter-tarts-large.jpg

5. HP Sauce (spicy steak sauce - delicious on fried eggs)

lg_hp-sauce-big.jpg

6. Serviettes (called "napkins" in the US)

Serviette-Ring-Double.jpg

7. Ketchup Flavoured Chips (much tastier than it sounds)

ketchup_chips.jpg

8. Milk packaged in hermetically sealed plastic bags

128389322_be5f183849.jpg

9. Poutine (french fries and cheese curds smothered in gravy)

poutine.jpg

10. "Double Double" (coffee with 2 teaspoons of sugar and 2 creamers - usually ordered from Tim Hortons)

tim-hortons-coffee.jpg

I think you can get Clamato Juice here. also Bud made a beer with that stuff. Sounds absolutely horrible
Our Smarties are sugar candy, not chocolate like M&Ms
We do in fact have ketchup flavored chips. Never had them. Don't seem all that appetizing
What you call poutine, I have called disco fries. Except it's just melted cheese of some sort.
We are not that far apart my brother to the north

Are you "showing off" or "apologizing"? :LOL2: Most of that list, I'm thinking, you can keep.

BTW...I can get Smarties here. (yes...I'm showing off) :wink:

you can get the Clamatto juice in TN,
#2 is a bloody mary down here
I used to work at an M&M's plant, don't ever want to see one again
the south has the tart pastries
we have A-1 steak sauce
paper towels
we have ketchup flavored everything down here in the south
milk comes in a yellow or white plastic gallon jug here
chili-cheese fries
coffee-on the rocks for me (black)

It all depends on where you are as to what you call it. least we don't get 40' of snow :LOL2:

Wow,no smarties,never knew that.
Heard they don't have cheeze whiz either...true?

We can get Clamato juice, I usually do a couple times a year just for Caesars. Ketchup chips, too, but I don't care for 'em. Got Tim Horton's, too, now, but I've never been. What we CAN'T get, that I wish we could, is donairs, man I love them things.

bearsphan3.14 said:
I think you can get Clamato Juice here. also Bud made a beer with that stuff. Sounds absolutely horrible

x2 It was the only beer which I officially gave the rating of discussing to! Although I will neither confirm or deny if I finished drinking em up or not :LOL2: .............

perchin said:
You forgot universal health care... Now that is one we can't get. :wink:

Ha ha! I was going to put that on the list, but didn't want to park a political debate given the recent elections in the US!!

hossthehermit said:
We can get Clamato juice, I usually do a couple times a year just for Caesars. Ketchup chips, too, but I don't care for 'em. Got Tim Horton's, too, now, but I've never been. What we CAN'T get, that I wish we could, is donairs, man I love them things.

I think Donairs are strictly and East Coast thing. You should try Timmies, although personally I don't see why it is so popular.