Jonesing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaitCaster

Reaction score
Haven't wet a line in over 3 weeks...... hands shaking.......skin, cold and clammy.......blurred vision.....cotton mouth.....

.........it's going to be a long winter.

It's been over a month for me... and I feel your pain... been putting a lot of work into the modification. However, I'm taking her out tomorrow for the first time on a little bass fishing excursion on Lake Ida. I promise, the first bass I land... is all for you my man.

Weather has finally cooled down from the 90's here (South Florida). Supposed to be a high of 72 tomorrow, with overnight temperatures in the low 50's. Will feel good to get the long sleeves out of the closet and knock the dust off of them, and also to knock the rust off the rods.

I grew up in Ohio, and moved down here 5 years ago for work. It is so funny to see everyone dress up in snow gear when it drops below 60 degrees... That's a good fishing day in shorts for Ohio!!!

BC,

If you get near Atlanta this Winter, look one of us GA Boys up.

I wish I could get out more than I do, and it's not because of the weather!

BaitCaster said:
Haven't wet a line in over 3 weeks...... hands shaking.......skin, cold and clammy.......blurred vision.....cotton mouth.....

.........it's going to be a long winter.

I guess I have this to look forward to. My boat was winterized and put in storage yesterday. :cry:

Hooky1420 said:
It's been over a month for me... and I feel your pain... been putting a lot of work into the modification. However, I'm taking her out tomorrow for the first time on a little bass fishing excursion on Lake Ida. I promise, the first bass I land... is all for you my man.

Weather has finally cooled down from the 90's here (South Florida). Supposed to be a high of 72 tomorrow, with overnight temperatures in the low 50's. Will feel good to get the long sleeves out of the closet and knock the dust off of them, and also to knock the rust off the rods.

I grew up in Ohio, and moved down here 5 years ago for work. It is so funny to see everyone dress up in snow gear when it drops below 60 degrees... That's a good fishing day in shorts for Ohio!!!

Thanks for that man, but it only makes me feel worse!! :D

This is going to be week 3 for me starting tomorrow. Feel your pain. Nice weather here (a little cold but not bad)...and I still have too many family obligations to get out. At least the family stuff is worth it.

If it helps, I went this morning for 5 hrs and got skunked. Not one bite, much less a fish.

Scotch...........thats the answer. a little scotch in a short glass, then carefully add 2 icecubes, slowly as to not bruise the light brown nector of the God's, and then add a little water......... Gather around you all those old copies of the fishing magazines and enjoy the long winter months.
If you have way to many magazines laying around I would suggest you take them to your local hospital as they are usually in need of them for the waiting room...your magazine might bring a little fun to someone waiting.

Oh, the joys of living in the south. As much as I love fishing for bass, crappie, and other things my favorite time of the year is just getting started--sauger season. Most of the pleasure boaters have put their boats away and it's too cold for jet skis so there aren't many folks on the water besides hard-core fishermen. Yeah, it can get really cold while sauger fishing but it's a small price to pay for having the lake to yourself.

BaitCaster... I'm a man of my word. This little guy was pulled out of Lake Ida about 7:10 this morning... Was the first of many throughout the day. Was a little windy, but otherwise nice day of boating.

Attachments

• 3114cd5ae8abfbe51289072266.jpg
    3114cd5ae8abfbe51289072266.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 379

Latest posts