Virgin Birth!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
As some of you know...I'm also a breeder of Boa Constrictors. From my collection of 30 or so breeders, I usually produce between 50-100 babies a year and then sell them as pets to pet stores or anyone that wants one.

Found this story today which totally blows my mind.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_news/newsid_9139000/9139971.stm

I'm not sure if this is really neat, or REALLY DISTURBING :?:

Sure lots of strange things in this world. Virgin birth Boa's.....Wow...I think I'd rather raise chickens though I still don't know how they mate.....and I was raised on a farm and can remember as a "young feller" sitting in the shade of an apple tree and watching the chickens to see If I could find out how that happened................never did

Jim said:
Chris,
you need a few pictures of your snake setup.

I'd be happy to post some pics, but will have to take some of my set up. Here's a couple teaser pics. One from late June with my youngest daughter right after I had a clutch of boas born. The other from a different clutch last year as it was just breaking through it's yolk sac while in my hands. For those that don't know...Boas don't lay eggs...they are born live in a yolk sac. Yes...I have many for sale if someone wants one. It's not too cold yet to ship either...and of course...tin boaters get discounts. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• Snakes.jpg
    Snakes.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 327
  • DSC_0065.jpg
    DSC_0065.jpg
    882.9 KB · Views: 327

Latest posts