Going under the knife.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMixson

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to have outpatient surgery on my left elbow tomorrow morning. A little over a month ago, I came home from work and everything was fine. Then in about an hour my elbow was swelling up for no apparent reason. It hurt like crazy. I scheduled a doctor visit the following week and went to have it looked at. The doctor sent me to an orthopedic doctor who tried to find out what was wrong in his office to no avail. He cut it open with a small incision and could not get anything out. It seems that there is a foreign object inside of my elbow. Right now the swelling is gone but there is a knot that you can move around under the skin. I am curious to find out what I got into to cause this. I do not remember getting hurt, poked, jabbed, stuck or anything that could have caused this. Wish me luck.

Sending prayers your way, and for the first time on this forum....we might not want pictures. :wink:

Best of luck!

Maybe this could be a "TinBoats" contest.

Guess what's in KMixon's elbow and win a prize. :mrgreen:

Nah....on second thought...that's probably not a good idea. Do keep us posted though.

fender66 said:
Maybe this could be a "TinBoats" contest.

Guess what's in KMixon's elbow and win a prize. :mrgreen:

Nah....on second thought...that's probably not a good idea. Do keep us posted though.

My guess is that missing 4 0 EWG worm hook... Just kidding...

Hope it's nothing KMixon. I had a piece of gravel stuck in my elbow from a dirtbike wreck about 30 years ago and finally had it removed a couple years ago.

Dang....

Hope it goes well, and looking forward to hearing/seeing what it was.

Well, I am out of the hospital now and resting at home. I still do not know what the object or mass was. If the doctor told me, I was still in a fog from the anesthesia and do not remember. I do remember him telling me they were sending it to the lab to have a biopsy done on it. I have an appointment in two weeks with him an will find out then.

My arm is all bandaged up from above my elbow to my hand. They tell me that it is to remain that way for the next three days but if you know me I am a curious one. I don't know if I can take three days without seeing it. That is kind of like you catching a fish and being told you can't see it for the next three hours.

Thank you for all the prayers and wishes.

Glad to hear you're home and well.......and do as the doctor says. They must know best....otherwise they wouldn't be making so much money! Or have I been misled again? :roll:

I have an appointment Tuesday afternoon to see the doctor about my elbow and find out exactly what the foreign object was and get the biopsy results. I am curious to find out. I will let you know what the doctor tells me when I get home tomorrow.

I am home now. The doctor said that it was apparently a cyst of sorts maybe from a clogged hair pore. It was like none he had seen before. He was surprised there was no infection involved. He said as soon as he opened it up the thing was right there. He told me he saw no reason to dig deeper into my arm. That is why the incision is so small. The biopsy came back clean also. He took out the stitches and now I have to keep a pressure wrap on it for three days to make sure I do not tear the incision open while it heals without the stitches. I go back in three weeks so he can look at it again and see how it is doing. Thanks again for all the well wishes. Ken

Ken,

Be thankful for such a minor thing. Lots of nastier things coulda been there. I'm thankful for you.

Regards,

Dave

Latest posts