This could be Goodbye???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fender66

Reaction score
Hey guys....

I have to tell you that I've totally enjoyed your companionship over the past months, but I have a serious decision to make and it might mean that I could be "signing off" of this forum. The ride I've had while being a part of this forum has been nothing but a huge high. I will miss each and every one of you.

You see....let me explain......

This morning, much to my strong feelings against doing such a risky thing.....I bought a lotto ticket. After I got in my car and drove off, the anticipation of possibly winning, got to me. So...at the first stop light I scratched off the card to discover that I was indeed, a WINNER. I'll be honest with you all and tell you that for me, this is a BIG WIN! Now, I'm faced with the decision to follow my dreams and quit my job and become a professional fisherman. Much to my surprise......my wife is very supportive of this decision, but it's a BIG step that I'm kind of afraid to take. If I do take this route....it would mean a new boat, new gear, new clothes, new everything really. So....since I value the opinions of all the friends that I've made on this forum I have to ask your advice. What do you think I should do.......????

Should I take my $2.00 winnings and take the plunge or should I play it safe and put it in the bank for my "later in life nest-egg"? I'm really torn and can't make up my mind.

After reading the first part of your post and actually BELIEVING you I have just two things to say....

And to think...you just recently became a moderator....if you can't trust a moderator who can you trust....

and...

:twisted:

Outdoorsman.....

PS:...ok you got me..... =D> :LOL2:

fender66 said:
If I do take this route....it would mean a new boat, new gear, new clothes, new everything really. So....since I value the opinions of all the friends that I've made on this forum I have to ask your advice.

Should I take my $2.00 winnings and take the plunge or should I play it safe and put it in the bank for my "later in life nest-egg"? I'm really torn and can't make up my mind.

If you can turn a $2 lottery win into "a new boat, new gear, new clothes, new everything" :shock:, I'll double your money if you teach me how. :wink:

Nice job Fender, you had me going until the last paragraph. =D>

And I was thinking, "If he won that big, he should have plenty of time to keep being a moderator." #-o

P.T. Barnum said there's one born every minute. I guess today's my birthday! :wink:

Sorry guys.....I just can't help myself sometimes. I did figure though.....that you'd have caught on that I was scamming instantly when I said my wife was very supportive to me. :shock: Dang it...there I go again.

Guess I'm just bored with all the darkness now that the time has changed back an hour. But I am still having a great belly laugh. Hope you all are too. :mrgreen:

Chris, I think as much fun as you had with the first $2,00 winning ticket you should go buy another with your $2.00 or you could buy10 minnows and take me fishing

Congrats fender!

A word to the wise...

I want to make sure you are aware of one startling fact: "Nearly one-third of lottery winners become bankrupt within 5 years of winning." :shock:

I'm not trying to play the pessimist here, but the truth is, although $2 seems like alot of money now, you have to think long term for this money to pay off for years to come. I'm sure the temptations like a brand new bobber, or the latest and greatest crappie rig staring at you at the store must make it awful difficult to ignore, but take into consideration...

One day you may need that money for something important like...... (member help needed)

Brine said:
Congrats fender!

A word to the wise...

I want to make sure you are aware of one startling fact: "Nearly one-third of lottery winners become bankrupt within 5 years of winning." :shock:

I'm not trying to play the pessimist here, but the truth is, although $2 seems like alot of money now, you have to think long term for this money to pay off for years to come. I'm sure the temptations like a brand new bobber, or the latest and greatest crappie rig staring at you at the store must make it awful difficult to ignore, but take into consideration...

One day you may need that money for something important like...... (member help needed)

Toilet paper ranks pretty high on my list of essentials.