Ringtones?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waterwings

Reaction score
Wondering what type of ringtones you guys have on your cell phones? Mine came with the standard one, but it got to where I wouldn't pay attention to it. So then I loaded the theme from "Mission Impossible" onto it. I've since switched to one I really like, and it's fairly unique I think. It sounds like an actual announcement on a ship: "General Quarters, General Quarters, all hands man your battle stations!" then the bong, bong, bong starts. I immediately hear it at the first word. We were at a school competition couple of weekends ago and one of the other instructors Blue-toothed it to me. I didn't know how to do it, so he did it for me :roll:

Anyone have any unique ringtones?

I just use the standard nextel libary, i think i have mine set to Vanish. I downloaded the Pulp Fiction theam song on my last phone but the ring tone was so short i wound up having to call 1/2 the people back cause i missed the call..............................

I prob would have a ringtone if i wanted to buy and knew how to put one on my phone, but seeing as i dont i just recorded my own. doesnt sound all that great but it works, plus most of the music i listen to they dont make ringtones for.

I have one called "mosquito." It's a very high pitch, high frequency sound that most people over 20-25 cannot hear so many kids in our school use it so teachers do not hear us! I just turn my ringer off during school. But this ringtone is cool; tried it on my parents, other family, family friends, etc. Almost nobody (over 20-25) can hear it! The sound is very similar to when you first turn on an old TV. The sound you can hear the TV makes from across the house. Well, maybe the 20-25 age group can't hear that either.

SMDave said:
I have one called "mosquito." It's a very high pitch, high frequency sound that most people over 20-25 cannot hear so many kids in our school use it so teachers do not hear us! I just turn my ringer off during school. But this ringtone is cool; tried it on my parents, other family, family friends, etc. Almost nobody (over 20-25) can hear it! The sound is very similar to when you first turn on an old TV. The sound you can hear the TV makes from across the house. Well, maybe the 20-25 age group can't hear that either.

Yep, my students demonstrated it for me. I couldn't hear it until I held the phone next to my ear. Just wait till you lose those hi-pitched frequencies, lol :wink:

SMDave said:
The sound is very similar to when you first turn on an old TV. The sound you can hear the TV makes from across the house. Well, maybe the 20-25 age group can't hear that either.

I hear that sound 24/7. It's called tinitus.

My old ones were Hold on Loosely by .38 Special and Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd. Now that I got a new phone, they are Fortunate Son by Credence Clearwater Revival and Hocus Pocus by Focus for now. There is some way that my brother can make a ringtone from any song on the computer and send it to my phone for free.

I'm cheap. I use whatever is available on the phone when I bought it. I refuse to give sprint anymore money to "rent" one of their ringtones. Besides I'm so tone deaf that thay all sound the same for the first several seconds and then I push the button to shut the dam thing up.

And that brings me to one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to cell phones. If you phone rings, answer it. Don't just sit there and listen to the ring tone because you like the song. If you want to hear the song that bad, buy a freakin' iPod. Oh, and when you answer it and you are sitting in a restaurant, don't use the speaker phone function to carry on your conversation. There is a reason I don't have your friends numbers in my phone... I don't want to listen to them.

Step

Step

Now I'm off my soapbox, sorry.

Flounder - You are my HERO!

I agree 10000%

One more thing - if you have a bluetooth headset hanging out of your ear, I am mostl likely gonna think one of two things:

1. You have mental health issues and you are talking to your invisible friends; or,

2. You are talking to me but cannot hear very well (hence the hearing aid jammed in your ear) this will cause me to speak very loudly until you either get off the **** phone or move far away.

Had an incident while shopping for a Christmas Card where the store was crowded and some "Lady" with too much makeup and not enough sense, stood next to me talking into her bluetooth, only I could not see the **** thing becuase of the massive hairdo. She was dropping the F' bomb left and right in a loud voice. I said "excuse me?" and she continued talking. Finally, I had enough and leaned in nice and close and yelled into her face "WHAT!"

She took off across the store like a rocket!

the guy on the other side laughed so hard he almost pissed himself and they gave me a thumbs up. Merry Christmas!

Next on my list:

People who contact you but then fail to return the phone call!