Kidney stones

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
Woohoo,first timer here.
I'm so lucky...it's way to big to pass:/
Good thing the closest operating hospital is only 3 hours away....lol
This isn't fun

Whoa.....didn't know they made those in your part of the world. :wink:

All kidding aside....I hope "things" are corrected quickly and you are feeling better soon. Not enrolled in this club, but I hear it's not much fun. Prayers are sent.

I feel for you.. literally.

I passed one 3 years ago between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The pain was so intense that I passed out and hit the door frame between our dining room and den while trying to get to the car for a ride to the ER. I had no idea what was going on. Nobody in my family has ever had one of the things. My wife freaked because of the extreme pain and my passing out and called an ambulance. I woke up before it got there, tried to make it to the couch and took another header into the Christmas tree.

The pain was unbearable and I have what I thought was a pretty high tolerance for pain. I was drawn up in such a knot at the er that they couldn't get an IV started and kept telling me "just relax". It was obvious that none of them had ever had one of the things.

Finally, after a ct scan to make sure that was what was going on.. one of the nurses told me "I'm going to be your best friend" and shot my IV full of demerol. Demerol is a wonderful thing. :LOL2:

The ct scan showed that I have 4 more of the things just up there waiting to come out and play at some time in the future.

The urologist told me that women regularly tell him that they would rather have quadruplets via natural birth than pass another stone. They said the pain of child birth has nothing on a kidney stone.

Good Luck!! I hope everything comes out alright (no pun intended).

My wife had a simular bout with them on Christmas night like Quackrstackr. She did say that it was more painful than childbirth.

I'm back from the city,not cured but feeling abit better.
Without getting into to many details,the surgen just put a stent in,along with acouple other things.
The stent just bypasses the stone so my kidney can drain.The procedure for this has it's own discomforts but nothing near as bad as stones.
I didn't get to talk to any surgen/doctor afterwards?
The last I remember he said he'll call me and maybe in a week or two their going to try to break the stone up so I can pass it with alittle help.
Will see,always could be worse.
I don't mind having time off work but I'd rather be fishing.

Having been there and done that, I'm totally sympathetic. I think a kidney stone is more painful than women giving birth. Hope you get to feeling better.

I hear tell the best prevention for these bastids is high alcohol intake. I'll be 60 in January, and (knock on wood) ain't never had none yet. Good luck with it.

It's 45 degrees at 9am going up to the high 50's today.
Bluebird skies and after the rain we've been having I bet the bass would be up on the flats in shallow water.
Veiw from my patio:
Pb120084.jpg
Not suppose to lift much of anything so can't take my boat fishing and the waters so high can't fish from shore.
I'm not impressed.

Sorry to hear of your condition.I personally have not had the pleasure of the stones experience,but know those who have.I know from detailed accounts how bad it can be.Good luck and wishing a quick and least painful recovery.