Flooding heres bad

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zum

Reaction score
Worst rains ever...period.
There normally alittle flooding here in the spring but this falls been the worst.
Not sure on how much rain we received in 3 days but it was aleast a 12 maybe 15"s with high winds and flood tides.
Heres acouple pictures taking from our local newspaper.
The scarest one will be the first one.It's an older bridge that I guess they weren't watching not sure why as 500 or more kids as well as 1000's of people use it everyday.
photo_1246833_landscape_large_dossier.jpg
800_cp_tusket_flood_101110_430241.jpg
Washed out around 9pm,good thing noone was on it.School kids used it on buses as late as 4:30 that day...grr
Heres acouple more random shots.
photo_1245711_landscape_large_dossier.jpg
800_cp_clyde_river_home_101_16089.jpg
photo_1246193_landscape_large_dossier.jpg
photo_1247706_landscape_large_dossier.jpg
photo_1248111_landscape_large_dossier.jpg
Think theres around 300 people in shelters and acouple communities that are totoally cut off.
We need some sun.

Wow... A year ago this past September in Atlanta we had what they called the 500 year floods, but I don't think we had anything like that. Hope your house is on high ground. During our flood the water from a creek in our backyard came up as close to our house as the swimming pool but didn't make it into the house. Hopefully I'm good for another 499 years.

Sorry,forgot to mention...I'm on high ground.
Few people at work though not so lucky.
I've never seen nothing like it...just on T.V.

I'll take a few inches of that rain down here in Southern Illinois. We have had a few small drizzles that might equal to 1/4" in the last 3 months :(

Glad to hear ya are safe!

I knew that storm had been sitting out there, we kept getting parts of it, but had no idea you guys got hit so hard. Hang tough.

Wow....Mother Nature sure has her powers doesn't she. Always impresses me with stuff like this even though I know it causes a lot of damage.

Glad everyone is safe.

Latest posts