fishing over for me for this year

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freetofish

Reaction score
hi everyone. I got my fingers in my table saw on thurs. and after severak hrs. at thr emg. room I now have to go see a plastic surgeon to have some reconstruction work done.. Didn't cut any off but chewd 3 of them up pretty good. you might have guessed, it is on mr right hand. After being a carpenter for 35 years and having never cut myself before, I was doing some volunteer work for a church when it happend. so I guess i will be content cleaning tackle boxes for a month or so. please keep me in your prayers for quick healing....thanks in advance
Ron

Ron....

Prayers continue since we chatted last night....and if I can do anything to help....(like I said on the phone)...you know where to find me.

Hey another local guy here, sorry to hear about your accident. If you need someone with a strong back and weak mind let me know, I'll be glad to help.
Hoping for a speedy recovery [-o<

Hope you heal fast.
My dad does a lot of wood working and has been cut a few times, never lost a finger.
Have you seen the saw that stop instantly if it comes in contact with body parts?
Google it up.

Wow Ron, glad you're okay... at least as much as you can be after a run in with a table saw. I have a basement full of wood working equipment and know all too well how quickly those things can hurt you.

Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers man... keep us updated on your recovery. Oh, and don't feel like you need to post a picture of the damage ;)

freetofish said:
hi everyone. I got my fingers in my table saw on thurs. and after severak hrs. at thr emg. room I now have to go see a plastic surgeon to have some reconstruction work done.. Didn't cut any off but chewd 3 of them up pretty good. you might have guessed, it is on mr right hand. After being a carpenter for 35 years and having never cut myself before, I was doing some volunteer work for a church when it happend. so I guess i will be content cleaning tackle boxes for a month or so. please keep me in your prayers for quick healing....thanks in advance
Ron
Sure will Ron.

thanks fellas, i do really appriciate your prayers. means a lot. i go to the plastic surgeon monday, and will up date things after that.
may God bless each of you
ron

trying to type with one finger sucks.

Wow...sorry to hear ... thats gotta hurt....

I guess at least you still have fingers to reconstruct...coulda been way worse...at leat it wasn't a chain saw accident..

I will [-o< for your speedy recovery...

Outdoorsman

an update...I had the skin graft on tue. this week on the middle finger, and will go back next monday for dr. to redress that finger. wonderful wife that i have has been redressing the other two fingers. they aren't pretty but with all the prayers i am getting, they are healing. We hope to leave after the dr. visit to visit our daughter and grandson in Hendersonville N.C. fo a couple of weeks. Thanks fellas for your prayers. keep um commin as we aren't completly out ofthe woods.
peace to each of you and may you have a blessed Thanksgiving.
ron

Yes, Ron, you have a very blessed Thanksgiving too! My prayers are with you as well. My pastor when I was a teenager cut three of his fingers totally off on right hand - as far as I could tell, didn't affect his fishing, nor his preaching!

Take care driving on the NC trip!

Latest posts