Fishing Log

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my logs usually include the following info:

TIDE: rising or falling
Tide chart
WATER TEMP and Water Clarity
WEATHER CONDITIONS (sunny, overcast, etc)
GPS cordinates/general area fishing
time of day
HOT BAIT/FISH CAUGHT

Yep...I keep one when I'm not too lazy. I mark spots on aerial maps of each body of water I fish with #s. On the back, or on a log (see attached) I write all the corresponding info.

Time of year
time of day
water temp
bait used
fish size, species
weather conditions, etc......

Attachments

• Fishing Log.jpg
    Fishing Log.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 364
That log looks familiar. Looks like one I saw while searching for fishing logs. Thinking it was a free site, dont remember the name now.

I like oyur plan, simple, yet maintainable.

Hanr3 said:
That log looks familiar. Looks like one I saw while searching for fishing logs. Thinking it was a free site, dont remember the name now.

That log IS one that I found on a website for free somewhere....however....I changed some of it a bit. More line space where I needed it...less where I didn't.

I keep one with pretty detailed notes about everything. I have found that after doing it a couple years I looked back and found that I really wasn't a versitile angler, I always caught fish on one thing. It also helped me find fish when I hadn't been for a while, I just looked back over a couple years data and was able to put enough together about where I could go and find them.

I suggest doing it.

Yea, one of the reasons I want to start a log. Been doing hte same same and want to try differnet stuff. Also want to branch out into other species, like Walleye.

keep the ideas coming.

Hanr3 said:
Yea, one of the reasons I want to start a log. Been doing hte same same and want to try differnet stuff. Also want to branch out into other species, like Walleye.

keep the ideas coming.
Hanr3....If the weather holds, over Thanksgiving weekend I'll be fishing for Walleye, Sauger and Saugeye in the Illinois river. This will be my first attempt to catch these. We should share some notes.

Sharing notes would be a great idea. I have yet to fish the Illinois River, and its the closest body of water to me. I drive over it at least twice a day, and past at least 4-5 boat ramps twice a day too. I live in the Peoria area.

My current boss used to fish the Professional Walleye Trail with the Linders and others. He recommended the Walleye book In-Fisherman published a few years back, Walleye Wisdom. I bought it at my local Borders and ahve been reading it, slowely.The wife and kids ahve been asking for Christmas ideas, thinking I'll be asking for Walleye gear, rods, reels, lures, etc. I've already started plans to make some rod holders for the boat so I can troll the River.

Where abouts will you be fishing the Illinois?

Latest posts