Gym Hazards

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARINE0341

Reaction score
I just thought i would post this article about the hazards of working out in a gym for all you HEALTH FREAKS :lol:

https://www.newsweek.com/id/106593/page/1

Its important that you becareful, my mothers friend was a avid gym goer. worked out in a very nice gym and one day she ended up in the hospital, she ended up having a small scratch on her hand that lead to a staph infection, and that infection almost killed her, she had a stroke from the infection, half her face is now paralized and shes blind in one eye and it took her aleast a couple of years to recover.

Im a gym goer to, and the gym i workout at has spray bottles full of disinfecter, and they tell you that once your done using the equipment ( wipe it down), I'll tell ya one thing, i make sure everytime i use the equipment I wipe it down before hand and after im done with it. :wink:

Actually not to go off topic, the most bacteria consistently found is on the handles of the handles and ladles at buffet tables. :shock:

I took microbiology in College! Toilet seats in public bathrooms are not even remotley high on the list of areas to watch out for. It is the handles and towel dispensers, Public phones...We can go on and on.

Just wash your hands 3-4 times daily.

Jim speaking of toilet seats :lol: , mythbuster on discovery did a show on germs, they took swabs and incubating it for 24 hours. they did kitchen counters, toilet seats, a dogs mouth, human mouth, and bunch more, any ways the worse out of all of them was the human mouth, and the least worse was the toilet seat. :shock:

Fishin NJ said:
I remember seeing that one, those guys crack me up!!! One day one of them are going to over do it and get it. I remember when that fire ball burned all his facial hair off him, to funny and too close for comfort.

haha i remember that one too, its amazing to see those guys in action building contraptions just to debunk or prove a theory/myth

Latest posts